Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

food processor recommendations
Posted by: lunachica ()
Date: August 26, 2006 06:53PM

Hello- I'm looking for some food processor recommendations - what do you use and like, tips on buying etc. I have a vita-mix and have always done most of my cutting/chopping by hand but now that I'm transitioning I'm really feeling the need for a food processor, the vita mix cannot do everything (as it claims), not that I'm not happy with it, it just has it's limitations.

Thanks in advance.
Miche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: food processor recommendations
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 26, 2006 08:01PM

Kitchen Aide is the way to go. They make the best food processor available. It's what Cuisinart used to make.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: lunachica ()
Date: August 27, 2006 07:22PM

Thanks Marcos -
I've done more research and yes, these seem to be the best. Now the question is 9 or 12 cup, wide mouth or regular? Leaning toward the 12 cup large - more expensive but I think a good investment. Thanks again Mcihe

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 27, 2006 10:08PM

Luna,

I agree with Marcos. I just received my 16 cup Proline Series food processor from KitchenAid. I was torn between the 12 cup wide-mouth and the 16 cup which was almost twice the cost. I found an online coupon for Cooking.com and it took another 15% off the price. It was still a big bite but it helped a bit.

My logic was get the best & biggest with the most features/power that I can afford. Well, the affordability part was questionable but the benefits were not. With the added coupon, the price difference was not as far but still very pricey.

Good luck.
Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables