Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green star elite
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 05, 2010 05:07PM

i have been using the greenstar elite since october and believeme it with out doubt the finest most up to date juicing system in the world!

this is the juicer everyone would want to own if they only knoew what aq gem it is. cleanup has been simplified and the ease of juicing is slightly improved over the earlier models. i mean by that i have noticed that carrots go through much more easily and i think it has to do with the positioning of the feeding chute equally over both gears. previous models were slightly offset and the carrots met the gears flat as they entered ...now they enter on an angle and the juicing of carrots is much easier for me now.

clean up is a breeze...no kidding the elite machine is so easy to clean up ....three min. max if you are not "nit picking" with little specks of fiber etc. i like it so much because clean up is such a pain in the butt no matter what machine.lol

the older models make exactly the same quality of juice as the new onesw so dont feel bad if you own the older model and cannot afford the new one at present. iam offering this information to help those who are choosing a new machine to buy. believe me...there is nothing better anyuwhere...the elite is the most advanced juicing system in the world!

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green star elite
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 06, 2010 12:07AM

Sounds nice, cleanup of my omega 8004 takes me a minute, 2 minutes if im distracted, and I do nit pic about every tiny fiber, every piece of my machine is spotless when im done cleaning... the greenstar does seem like a great machine though, although I must say the comparison videos on the net are quite...interesting... id suggest anyone thinking of buying any juicer look up those comparison videos, they are quite helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: August 06, 2010 03:27AM

yes it is quite simple...

put the two machines side by and their is no comparison in quality or value.

any machine that struggles and bobs up and down under the stress of heavy vegatable materials is a second rate machine. you just get what you pay for. some have a penchant for quality and others really can't see that far.

if you can in any way afford it...take a strong look at the new greenstar. it is really nice.!!!

juicin' john

thanks curator

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 06, 2010 04:44AM

juicin' john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if you can in any way afford it...take a strong
> look at the new greenstar. it is really nice.!!!
I watched a YouTube video of John Kohler (the sponsor
of these Forums for those who don't know) doing a side-by-side
of the Omega VRT330 and the Greenstar Elite. He juiced one pound
of Spinach with each juicer, and the Elite produced twice as
much juice as the VRT. There's no denying the Greenstar Elite is
an efficient machine for those with money, and the patience to clean
it. For me, 50% isn't good enough.....WY

Date: August 06, 2010 08:50AM

Juicin' john, my omega 8004 doesn't do that,lol... there is a reason the omega has a much longer warranty, its better built, will last longer, less risk to the company of having to make expensive repairs so they can offer a longer warranty... the bonus of the greenstar is a slightly higher juice yield (except with greens oddly), but the drawback is higher oxidation of your juice.
The videos do a good job in showing the differences, and are about as close to irrefutable evidence as one can provide.

[www.youtube.com] Greens

[www.youtube.com] Cucumber & Apple, plus total juice amount.

Now I must state that I am not saying the omega 8004/8006 or the older models are better than the green star in all ways, it really depends on what you want from your juicer, if you want higher yield from greens and less oxidation, and cant afford a norwalk, get the omega, if you want slightly higher yield with everything but greens, but a more highly oxidized juice, spend the extra what is it, around $300? and get a greenstar... oh, and the VRT is better than either with carrots and the like... still, I prefer the omega for its versatility and better yield with greens...

juicin' john Wrote:
> yes it is quite simple...
>
> put the two machines side by and their is no
> comparison in quality or value.
>
> any machine that struggles and bobs up and down
> under the stress of heavy vegatable materials is a
> second rate machine. you just get what you pay
> for. some have a penchant for quality and others
> really can't see that far.
>
> if you can in any way afford it...take a strong
> look at the new greenstar. it is really nice.!!!
>
> juicin' john
>
> thanks curator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 06, 2010 09:37AM

hey curator

i must've misunderstood you or something

u say that greenstar has a slightly higher yield except for greens

i own a greenstar and from my experience ( and believe me, i've had other juicers too so i can make this comparison)

the greenstar has a MUCH more superior yield for greens ESPECIALLY when compared to centrifugal machines that tend to make the bulk of the greens float up in the basket in shredded chunks without adequately extracting the juice

also u say that the greenstar oxidizes more

the twin cylindrical gears turn so much more slowly that it actually decreases oxidation substantially

the centrifugals with their lightning rod spinning speeds oxidize more

Date: August 06, 2010 09:55AM

Im talking about in comparison to the omega 8004, as shown in the videos above... not a centrifugal, and also turns at a slower speed than the greenstar...

edit: ahh, I see where you got confused about what I meant, you just skimmed my post, and saw near the end that I said the VRT was better than either with carrots and the like, I meant its better yield, not better quality juice, its horrible with greens though, but the omega 8004/8006 is better than either with greens...and oxidation.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 09:59AM by Curator.

Date: August 06, 2010 12:41PM

It seems like this Topic is falling into 2 camps.....
the Omegas, and the Greenstars. I'd like to take a pool as to
which group is nicer. I vote for O. Would anyone else like to vote?.....WY

Date: August 06, 2010 01:20PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> ......I'd like to take a pool as to
> which group is nicer.
I think you meant you'd like to take a 'poll'.
By the way, I think juicing is so important, regardless of which
juicer you use.....WY

Date: August 06, 2010 01:52PM

the bonus of the greenstar curator... is that you get the highest quality juicing system available anywhere in the world. the low rpm combined with magnetics and bio ceramics creates a quality of juice that omega cannot duplicate. wheat grass yogi are you ok? you are sounding a bit strange with this "take poll" business. i wish you well.

juicin' john

Date: August 06, 2010 02:11PM

juicin' john Wrote:
> ..... wheat grass
> yogi are you ok? you are sounding a bit strange
> with this "take poll" business. i wish you well.
Thank you JJ. Yes, I am very okay. When one finds direction,
go with it. I'm still convinced 'liquid diet' is the way to go. My
poor Blender is rarely being used these days......WY

Date: August 06, 2010 02:40PM

good...the choice to juice over blend matches up with my idea of the better way to maintain health. keep up the good work.

jj

Date: August 08, 2010 01:08AM

juicin' john Wrote:
> good...the choice to juice over blend matches up
> with my idea of the better way to maintain health.
JJ...My choice is to Juice over Eating. In other words,
a strict Liquid Diet. I'm sure, along with not Blending,
you're still eating Solids?.....WY

Date: August 08, 2010 10:08PM

its higher rpm than the omega 8004/8006, and the greenstar oxidizes the juice ALLOT more than the omega does, the whole magnet thing, to me doesn't make much sense as most minerals are not magnetic nor affected by magnetic forces, only ferrous minerals are magnetic... I guess it depends on what one believes is better for themselves, a less oxidized juice, or a juice with a claimed higher amount of mineral content, but no proof other than their word...Im not saying their claims aren't true, im saying they haven't provided any proof they are that I could find anywhere, and I will remain skeptical until they do.

In closing, and this will be my last post on the subject, I am not saying the green star elite is a bad juicer, just saying they oxidize your juice ALLOT more which IS proven, you can see it with your own eyes, their claims for their juicer have no scientific fact backing them up, just their own unverified claims, which always makes me feel a claim is rather suspect if they cant back it up... is there anyone here thats owned both juicers? John Kohler has, and he prefers the omega...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 09, 2010 04:08PM

your conclusions do not seem to have much more than your own limited knowlege for support and the opinions which you express are reflective of the same.

the statement your make in your post regarding minerals betrays your lack of knowledge.

rpms in juicing factor into the oxidation equation when they are very high, heat productive and "explosivly" applied in their design ...as in centifugal.
both the omega and the greenstar qualify for benign status regarding rpm destruction.

it is obvious that you are not educated in the area in which you proclaiming your opinions.

the omega is better than a centifugal but does not evan rank in the same category as the greenstar. basically it is a motorized "handcrank" sorta like an old fashioned meat grinder with a motor.

and ...just for your information...i have been involved with juicing for about 50 years and have watched the entire juicing "thing" evolve and have owned or operated all the machines. you by comparison seem to know not at much about juicers and juicing. i am not boasting ...simply putting things into perspective for those who also follow the posting here.

juicin' john

Date: August 09, 2010 08:58PM

Age doesnt reflect wisdom, or scientific knowledge. neither of which do you seem to have.

Edit: I must also mention, that my comments about "minerals" come straight from their own website buddy, they talk about mineral and nutrient content being increased by their magnets, saying it was verified, but not even offering the name of the company that gives this verification...sooo, I call bs on that claim till they prove it.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 09:05PM by Curator.

Date: August 09, 2010 11:13PM

Im done now though, go ahead and have a go with your next pointless and completely devoid of any fact statements, its obvious your a shill for the company, at least I hope you are, the alternative would be unfortunate, and if thats the case, then you have my sympathy. (oh, and im aware im playing into his hands people, I know he wants to piss me off, Im bored, and letting him have his way, not the best choice, I know, but he dug into me at the wrong time.)

The straight facts are, there is no scientific evidence for their claims, they refuse to give any, as I have emailed them in the past asking for at least the names of the labs that verified their claims when I was researching all the top juicers to see which one would be best for me, months later, and no reply yet...

I have offered ample evidence of every claim ive stated to know for sure, the links I posted early on show that it oxidizes the juice considerably more, you can see it, its obvious in the side by side comparison above in the links.

I implore you, use some analytical reasoning, It is perfectly possible that all of their claims are true, and they are the best juicer in the world...

BUT, here is the evidence we have at hand.
#1: NO backup for any of their statements about higher mineral/nutrient content.
(As im writing this I JUST got an email from them finally stating that the independent test was done by Anamol Laboratories LTD, and pointing to a page on their website I was on just yesterday with this information listed on it now at the very bottom right past the customer testimonials, which Ive read in the past, and yesterday when double checking my statements before hitting post, and it wasn't there. so those of you who want to investigate the company they claim these tests where done by, its there now, bottom of page [www.greenstar.com] they still dont list what juicers they actually tested their against though, REALLY convenient they finally email me in the middle of this argument, yeah it looks even more obvious your a shill for them now...)

#2: Proof you can SEE that their juice is much more heavily oxidized than the omega 8004/06's, above links show that clearly.

#3: even more blatant bs, is that somehow paramagnetism, induced by the weak magnetic field produced by their augurs, can increase the amount of alkaline minerals available in their juice between 50-200% is ridiculous, as there is no reason at all that paramagnetism should cause more minerals to be somehow drawn out of what your juicing, as a paramagnetic response induced in anything is so weak that you need an extremely sensitive analytical balance to be able to even detect it, and to be able to actually draw these minerals out of the cellular structure (usually in the form of an electron gas) you need a much more powerful/focused magnetic force than what could be be created by such weak magnets... It works much more effectively on minerals with electrons closer to the fermi level, basically, all but a few paramagnetic minerals are paramagnetic because they contain iron impurities,Elements like Ti, Cr, V, Mn, Co, Ni, and Cu can sometimes result in magnetism, but more often than not, their paramagnetism is attributed to iron impurities, Minerals that contain these elements may be weakly magnetic and can be separated from each other by their various degrees of magnetic susceptibility. Paramagnetic minerals only show magnetic properties when subjected to an external magnetic field. When the magnetic field is removed, the minerals have no magnetism, so dont even get me started on their claims that somehow paramagnetism leads to a juice that stays fresh longer...

If their little wimpy magnets have the ability to draw between 50%-200% more paramagnetic minerals out, and somehow help keep their juice more fresh for longer, then I guess the 10 small electromagnets, made easily out of a ferrite rod and some enameled copper wire, each single one far more powerful than their magnets, should draw out way more nutrients? right? maybe I should start doing that? all together it cost me under $50 to make all of these, took like 20 minutes... dang, maybe I should start making electromagnets and selling them to people who dont want to pay over $500 for a juicer... Even if I sold them 2 magnets for $50 they would be far ahead, with a more powerful magnetic force at their disposal... and a far less oxidized juicesmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 10, 2010 12:06AM

hmmm, upon researching the company, Ive noticed that none of the contact numbers they provide on their website, match the contact number given by greenstar, maybe they changed their phone number and greenstar has the old one?lol...

[www.anamol.com]

They also don't specify which machines theirs was tested against, so they could have tested against the worst on the market in each category, and we wouldn't really know, cause they don't say...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 10, 2010 01:35PM

again the problem may be located in your own lack of preparation and jumping to a conclusions based on your lack of information.

you strike me as one who blurts out and thinks about it later. i do admire your inthusiasm tho.

jj

Date: August 10, 2010 09:34PM

John, its painfully clear I know a considerable amount more about the science behind what is supposed to make their juicer work than you, its why you are unable to make any argument for their juicer, you just insult me instead because you know their pseudo science is indefensible, either that or you know so little about it, you accept what they say because you spent so much on your juicer you HAVE to believe its true, sooo, please attempt to actually add something besides whining and insults to this conversation, or just stop boring me...

I like to refer to your issues as what I like to call HDD (Harley Davidson Disorder.) lol.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 11, 2010 06:30PM

perhaps the knowledge in your formatory so and so could be subject to its own form of "moore's law" ....wha ho and whadda ya know the emperor has no clothes ...what ..? and all the while he carried on with his pomp and circumstances.

btw:knowledge without ones's having the ability to understand and percieve meaning is just alot of extra "bagage de garbage"

sorry i bore you mr. curator...after all we can't all be as smart as it is.

here is the scene: 2 free juicers on display to a juicing person who owns neither of the two juicers .... a gs elite and an omega.....the chooser can pick only one after "kicking the tires"and closely inspecting the features of both machines. guess what?

juicin' john

Date: August 12, 2010 12:22PM

So your saying that without knowing anything about either juicer, the average person would pick the greenstar? I agree entirely,especially if its free, somebody with no knowledge about how they really work or what quality juice is, would definitely choose the green star, you have got me there, it looks prettier, but its performance doesn't match its looks.

Here's the thing John, its obvious you don't understand the science behind their claims, I on the other hand graduated with an A+ in my Chemistry AND Biology classes at college last year, I set the curve, which I know isn't saying much in this small town, but I know what I'm talking about, where as you so far have posted nothing to support your claims but insults, So, you are still arguing, either because you didn't understand a single thing I posted above, OR you just don't want to admit when you have been soundly beaten in a debate cause your to much of a gung-ho greenstar fan boy to really care about the science and reality of the machine, the name is what does it for ya, keeps you warm at night...enjoy it while it lasts.

I have to say John, Its not all about IQ, there are a ton of people on here that I personally believe are much smarter than me, for all I know you could be too, but that is not the side of yourself you are showing to me at this moment, sometimes the most intelligent thing a person can do, is to take a step back, and REALLY take a look at themselves, foster a little bit of introspection, and then ask one self "Am I defending this because I am right, or am I defending this because I WANT to be right." I implore you john, to research the their claims for yourself instead of just taking their word for it, talk to experts that can help you, any chemistry minor let alone major can explain paramagnetism to you, get yourself a dozen of them, show them this machine and their claims, and I guarantee you that every single one of them will reach the same conclusion as to the efficacy of greenstars claims.

Or...if you want to believe what they say in spite of that, get yourself an omega 8004, build yourself a couple electromagnets, its really easy, I built my first one at 6, and you have the same benefits for allot less, and a higher green juice yield, easier cleanup, longer warranty, and by your reasoning it should have the exact same benefit as the greenstar, if not better as the electromagnets will be even more powerful than the greenstar's.

An interesting modification as well would be to also get 3 rods of Himalayan sea salt, the same width as your electromagnets, and build basically a tube that goes around the juicing part of the omega, so not only would you be getting that paramagnetic action you put so much stock in, you will also be bombarding your juice, and filling your home with negatively charged Ions, lots of hype out there about them being great for you, kill two birds with one stonesmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 23, 2010 03:57PM

i received the Greenstar elite 6 weeks ago and gotta say i love it , but it replaced a really ancient greenstar i had so maybe im biased lol smiling smiley

it is easy to clean, easy to use, i have no complaints smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 23, 2010 04:31PM

eh, I dont think its a bad juicer or anything, I havnt used one...just seen them used, I just know the whole paramagnetism claim is bunk, but other than that im sure its a great juicer, ya definitely get a better yield out of stuff like carrots and definitely fruits...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 23, 2010 05:05PM

im just saying from past experience using a green star for almost 10 years now , albeit it was used when i got it ( and reading a bout a bazillion reviews over other juicers the Greenstar is for me

i bought the omega 8004 at the same time and returned it withen 4 days as the pulp was wetter than the elite , and there was less quanity of pulp which led me to to think there was more pulp in the juice,, which is not what i want at all from my juice

also for me i found the omega juice oxidizing quicker than the greenstar, now keep in mind oxidization can be affected by many factors (room temp, humidity, etc) but in *MY home this was the case for me

i spend alot of time gardening, foraging, buying as good quality produce as i can and for *ME* the high quality/quanity juice i get from the greenstar outweighs the negatives posted by others

mind you i work from home , set my own hours, do what i want when i want for the most part so i may have more leeway in those time issues other people dont and i respect that smiling smiley

i guess what im saying the proof is in the puddin for me and thats all that matters smiling smiley

personally if i had the $$$ id have bought a Norwalk but thats a whole nother horse of a different color winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 05:07PM by Jgunn.

Date: August 23, 2010 05:25PM

lol, well thats cool, not gonna argue with ya on it though, tired of arguments, and Ive already presented my data on all that stuff so it would be silly for me to re-iterate any points ive already made... for what its worth, Im glad you really enjoy your juicer.smiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 23, 2010 05:39PM

im just saying data is only good as the envirnment it is experimented in,

my environment is by far probably different then just about anyone elses, as is yours,, as is Johns, as is Yogi's as is every other tom dick an harriot smiling smiley

and yes thank you, i *heart* my greenstar lol grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables