Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hand crank wheatgrass juicers
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 12, 2011 04:55PM

The Healthy Juicer is holding up well.
Now 3 months into cranking this thing like crazy and it never complains.It will handle anything that you would normally put in a centrifugal juicer.

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2011 05:46PM

Glad to hear it's working out well! I like the idea of it for travel and camping.

Date: April 16, 2011 01:40PM

Right!
With this thing there is no excuse for not having fresh juice!

Vinny

Date: July 22, 2011 02:17PM

Now 8 months into cranking this thing.
It is working great,and has needed no replacement parts.
smiling smiley
Vinny

Posted by: janeisgreen ()
Date: August 08, 2011 03:05PM

I have a Z-Star,too. Takes lots of time, but works well. As I'm new to wheatgrass juice, I didn't want to invest in an electric machine (or use electricity). If I make it often, I may invest in the future.

Date: August 09, 2011 11:25PM

Cool.
I am now 9 months into cranking this thing every morning and have no thoughts (yet) of getting an electric auger.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 09, 2011 11:41PM

i think thats great you are all zen with the wheatgrass moment smiling smiley

sometimes i think we are all in way too much of a hurry smiling smiley

keep on crankin vinny ! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: August 10, 2011 12:23PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am now 9 months into cranking this thing every
> morning
The manual Wheatgrass Juicers are best (I used one for years) because they don't generate the heat of an electric single-auger. Even my electric 80-RPM Green Label Wheateena gets quite warm......WY

Date: November 14, 2011 02:38PM

Update.
Now almost a full year into cranking this thing daily to make my green juices.
I guess I turn it at about 60 RPM.
It has held up great.
The only thing is that it clogs pretty easy,which means alot of reverse cranking and shoving something hard like a carrot into it to get things moving again.But maybe I am putting too much kale in at one time.
If you dont want to burn electricity,and have only 50 bucks to spend,its the one you want.
It will juice anything.
Vinny

Date: June 29, 2012 09:58PM

Been using manual wheatgrass juicers for over 15 years, and use it daily. l keep mine outside and rarely clean it. l pull a tray of wheatgrass off my outdoor greens unit and juice 3oz of juice in about 5 minutes. So quick and easy first thing in the morning without bothering with an electric juicer.

l have three steel manual wheatgrass juicers and will probably get another two; one that juices sprouts, wheatgrass and weeds, and another one which is plastic and can suction onto smooth surfaces like the hood of my car for when l go to the bush and look for good weeds.

l like manual juicers because you never know when the power grid is going to go down and how long it could stay down. lf the power grid ever did go down and no-one could buy any food, l would feel quite comfortable to survive just by juicing grass and weeds in my juicers, and using a manual grinder to grind up seeds l find on the ground.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:21PM

Hmmm, which is the best brand to buy??? Think I'll invest in one too. Just a side point Sproutman, what country do you live in?

Date: July 01, 2012 08:49AM

jalanutan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmm, which is the best brand to buy??? Think I'll
> invest in one too. Just a side point Sproutman,
> what country do you live in?

l only have the porket manual wheatgrass juicer because they are solid juicers, but the problem is that they can rust if they aren't cared for properly. The other two manual juicers l will get are going to be different models.

l have one old juicer that l have in the shed for spare parts for an emergency in case the power grid goes down, and l have a new one as a spare, and l have the one l currently use outside on the varanda outside my sprout greenery that sits on the bench full time, so l may do a quicj weed or grass juice whenever the fancy passes me (quick and easy).

l come from the same country as you do. Oz.

Date: July 05, 2012 10:01PM

Update:
I now have an Omega,so I am not cranking the manual anymore.
But it worked great and I will definetly keep it for traveling or power outages.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: July 17, 2012 06:34AM

Haha I though so sproutman, as when anyone mentions the 'bush' they have to be an ozzie.

Thx for the info too, and it seems that most are pretty good, but the porket manual all metal would last longest I reckon.

I really like the old hand tools too, like drills etc. Yes, they're slow, but we live at such a pace these days that I believe we should slow down a little and concentrate on quality rather than quantity.

jalan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables