Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Questions about wheatgrass
Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: August 14, 2010 05:56PM

Hi,

How much wheatgrass is a good portion for one person? And do you guys use only the blades of the grass or even the roots?? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Questions about wheatgrass
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 16, 2010 01:56PM

I use just the blades, so it can regrow and give me a second batch of the yummy stuff in a little bit... and I leave it about an inch tall... Im not sure about what is a good portion, cause from what I can tell I seem to be able to comfortably drink far more of it than most people without any issue, but id suggest maybe starting with one 4 inch pots worth, diluting it with 50% water after its juiced, and see how you can handle that,then see if your comfortable with it not diluted, and work from there if you feel you need to... me, I tend to feel far better after drinking kale juice than I do wheat grass, but that may just be my own individual dietary needs...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: liponeer ()
Date: August 17, 2010 02:54AM

A year ago or so, I could not find any information anywhere that I looked (including sproutman's book), about how much wheatgrass you need to make a given quantity of juice...

I experimented and it appeared to be that I needed 4 22x11 inch trays in circulation, in order to have 4 oz daily.

My experience has been that a 4 inch pot of wheat grass would make something like a teaspoon of juice in my crushing kind of juicer (green life). With one of those little hand crank things it would make a drop or two.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 17, 2010 07:16PM

huh...wow, I get far more than that from my omega 8004, I haven't measured it, but I know I get far more than a teaspoon of juice out of one 4 inch pot, If I had to guess, Id think I get at least 1 fluid ounce, But I could be wrong, I dont really have anything capable of measuring less than a quarter of a cup at this time, but should be getting my teaspoons back from my friend tonight when he comes over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables