Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

faster juicing ideas?
Posted by: liponeer ()
Date: August 15, 2010 07:03AM

I often don't have juice when I really would have benefited from it, because it just takes too long to make. Do you have any ideas?

I have a vitamix (model 5000 from many years ago) and nut milk bag. And I have a green life juicer. That is quick enough for me if I juice lettuce. But, it has always overheated and shut off when I've tried to juice the really nutritious stuff like kale, even when I've tried to mince the kale first and put it in the blender with a lot of water. So, I use the juicer.

So, first of all, do you have a blender that doesn't overheat when you put a bunch of kale in it? Which kind?

Do you think a wine press would work for juicing and be faster? Or some sort of centrifuge? Or something like a super french press.

Oh, and what about a press for extracting oil from nuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 07:04AM by liponeer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: faster juicing ideas?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 16, 2010 09:59AM

I really love my omega 8004 for juicing, other than not overheating and shutting down, I dont think it would help to much for the speed of your juicing, with prep time and cleanup time included it can take me 10-15 minutes to make a quart of juice, on really slow days when im half asleep, over 20 minutes... There are some centrifugal juicers Ive heard of that give you allot of juice, REALLY fast, but none of them do to well with greens in comparison to juicers like, and similar to, the omega 8004...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 04, 2010 02:47PM

I have reviewed most juicers and put them on my website @ [easyjuicingrecipes.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 05, 2010 08:36AM

thisis a hand crank oil press .. i suppose you could somehow replace the hand crank with a motor [www.piteba.com]

and also this one [www.rajkumarexpeller.com]

both seem to use some flame to keep things flowing in the chamber so you would not get cold press oil

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 08:45AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 05, 2010 09:01AM

here is also the plans for making your own hydraulic seed press for cold press oil.. you could of course adapt it for pressing larger nuts etc im sure with a little imagination and known how [www.journeytoforever.org]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 09:01AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: jlbff ()
Date: October 05, 2010 07:25PM

The vert thread (by gilmore girl) gives a lot of quick tips. Many are for all juicers. Though i have to say the vert rules them all-lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables