Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Norwalk demo
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 23, 2010 12:24AM

If anyone is interested in seeing the way a Norwalk juices, rawfoodworld.com just posted up a video on the topic:[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Norwalk demo
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 23, 2010 04:31PM

thanks, I will totally check it out after my computer stops freezing up...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 23, 2010 09:02PM

What is so cool is I didn't know that Norman Walker invented it!

Posted by: liponeer ()
Date: August 24, 2010 04:52AM

Neat. I wonder what the bags are made of that allows them to not be destroyed when they are crushed.

I know the guy on the video is saying that the press part is less important than the triturator. But, my biggest juicing problem is the time it takes to make juice.

I wonder if juicing would go faster if you used one of those cheap burr type juicers to make pulp out of vegetables, then put the pulp in one of those bags and used some sort of a press to squeeze juice out of the bag.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 24, 2010 12:46PM

liponeer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>.......I wonder what the bags are made of that
> allows them to not be destroyed when they are
> crushed.
According to the President of Norwalk (Harold Arnoldus), the bags (and cloths) are made of a food-grade Nylon.
I've tried the Norwalk Press Juicer, and, for me, it gave the juice a funny
taste. Plus, I never could get the hang of the Triturator, often throwing
Carrot pulp on my walls and ceiling......WY
I'm wondering how many here would actually buy a Norwalk if they had a couple
of extra Thousand?? I would never buy another one.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 24, 2010 09:52PM

I think when you review any product, each experience is valuable. I know WY doesn't like the Norwalk and JuicerKatz does. I think the one thing you have to ask yourself on this purchase is "is it worth it?". When there are perfectly good Omega juicers (8004, 8006, VRT) with 10 and 15 year warranties, while I admire the construction and style of the Norwalk, the expense is cost prohibitive, at least for now. I posted a thread not long ago about "Considering a Norwalk". I still am. It's a question of when not wheather. The stainless steel construction, the american make, and efficiency make it very attractive. Coming up with $2500 when you are raising a kid and thinking about college means establishing priorities. And I already own an Omega VERT, Omega Big Mouth (WY doesn't like any of these, btw, but we are still buds!), and a Green Power Juicer (twin gear). Hell, add the cost of the 3 and they are still less than half of the Norwalk. When my juicers fail as eventually they will, I suspect Norwalk will still be in business... as will the "Super Angel Juicer" for only 30 percent of a Norwalk!!! lol. WY doesn't like that either and if he's right about it being difficult to clean doesn't make sense. Again, you need more than one perspective. [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 24, 2010 11:04PM

I had considered the Super Angel Juicer a few years ago, but I read several reports that the gears shave off minute particles of metal because they mesh w/ each other. I would think that the manufacture would address this issue, I don't know if they have...

As far as the Norwalk, I wouldn't be at all afraid to purchase a used/refurbished one - that is what I did. Mine was about 8 yrs. old when I bought it (I think). It is a '93 model, I just can't remember the year we got it.

I have seen used ones for as low as 800 on craigslist & ebay. Not much to go wrong with them, really. If you can check it out in person, that would be nice.

And WY, I do NOT splatter the ceiling with carrots, lol. When you learn the machine, it is a breeze to use. Matt rushes through the demo. I wish he would have taken more time to show the detailed aspects of the juicing process.

I do it a bit different than he does, I think my way is better, less messy, less prone to the ceiling splattering.

I like my Omega Vert, but I almost consider it a plastic "toy" when compared to the Norwalk. I use it a good bit, mostly for sorbets & quick juicing jobs. It really should have come with a blank, like John Kohler mentions in one of his demos of the unit.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 30, 2010 04:46AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> I like my Omega Vert, but I almost consider it a
> plastic "toy" when compared to the Norwalk.
Katz....I can't believe two people can be so different.
I'll be Night, and you can be Day. By the way, I'm considering
doing another flip-flop....from Juicing and Blending to just
Juicing. Relieve the Pressure within the Body, and it begins to
Heal.....WY

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 30, 2010 10:43AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> juicerkatz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like my Omega Vert, but I almost consider it
> a
> > plastic "toy" when compared to the Norwalk.
> Katz....I can't believe two people can be so
> different.
> I'll be Night, and you can be Day. By the way, I'm
> considering
> doing another flip-flop....from Juicing and
> Blending to just
> Juicing. Relieve the Pressure within the Body, and
> it begins to
> Heal.....WY

Are you working at healing health issues, WY?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables