Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
science behind greenstar magnetic and bioceramic technology......wow!
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: August 26, 2010 08:31PM

found today.....an interesting you tube video.

in this video, author mj pangman shines some new light on the much talked about greenstar magnetic and bioceramic technology.

this video helped me to understand better why the quality of juice from the greenstar is unequaled by any other juicer.

here it is:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="[www.youtube.com] name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[www.youtube.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

here's to your health,

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: science behind greenstar magnetic and bioceramic technology......wow!
Date: August 26, 2010 08:36PM

here is another link to the video.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2010 01:24AM

Saw the video. Amazing! It's definitely true that the juice from a Green Star tastes much better than that of any other juicer that does not have the bioceramic and magnetic technology.

Date: August 29, 2010 02:04PM

I have seen a lab test comparing nutritional values of some famous juicers. Green Star got the highest results. No wonder there was such a science in the engineering of Green Star.

Date: September 01, 2010 08:09PM

Hey juicin' john,
Have you tried to make coconut milk with Green Star Elite?
Helloob.

Date: September 02, 2010 08:08PM

i have and it is really a delightful treat.

i mix a little honey and vanilla with it and set it in the refridgerator until it turns "solid" and then cut it into squares and eat it as delicate confection.
the primal diet by aajonus is where i learned about it.

it would be nearly impossible to make it in any other kind of juicer. it would be a laughable to evan attempt it with the omegas.

those who buy the single augur machines are really missing out by not seeing the actual value of the twingear green star. i always choose quality over price and rarely have i ever been diappointed.

by the way how did you like the video with mj pangman which i posted a the beginning of this thread?

healthy juicing!

juicin' john

Date: September 03, 2010 11:29PM

Hi John,

Yes, I have. It was amazing for me to learn more about the science behind my Green Star juicer. We juice for nutrition, not for just liquid from the pulp. I am very happy that I have selected Green Star as my juicer. I watched some of Omega promoters' Youtube as well and I almost was lead to buy one. But I realized that the points they tried to impress me were not that important anyway. Most importantly,I like the versatility of my Green Star juicer.

Thank you for sharing your experience in making coconut milk with Green Star juicer with me.

Peace!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 03, 2010 11:36PM

John,mmines,helloob. im wondering if you happen to realize that its quite easy for one to check the IP address of people posting on a message board, and if 3 people post from the same IP address, that means they are signing on from the same computer, in fact even if you use a Proxy server, its still fairly easy to trace back to the real IP address... just thought the 3 of you might find that a useful bit of information ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: September 05, 2010 03:06PM

thank you for the info i didn't know about that curator...actually i'm not sure what ip means but i will google it someday... if needed.

enjoy your day.

juicin' john

Date: September 06, 2010 10:20PM

juicin' john, ip addresses are provided by your internet provider to your computor and are used to identify you on the web. If curator is the owner of, or is related to this board, he/she could access the ip addresses of yours and others as well. It sounds to me that the curator or even the board owner may not like the link you have posted here for somewhat reason. As a proud owner of Green Star juicer, I have watched MJ's video carefully and was impressed by her testimonial. It was very easy and simple for me to understand the science behind my Green Star juicer. Thank you for sharing the link with us. Cheers! hkspringchan

Date: September 07, 2010 09:14AM

I dont mind the link, I must state though that I do have a problem with fake accounts...but to each their own...smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: September 07, 2010 03:14PM

i get it now...

possibly an suspiciously minded insinuation without an inkling of proof. that actually qualifies for minor pathological consideration....

i have found that many times that when a person accuses another without true substance to the accusation ....that it is an indication of the accuser projecting their own hidden behaviours onto another.

since i absolutely know i have never created a false account ...as you seem to be insinuating ... and so .....perhaps it is you who has such a pointless behaviour.

not accusing you but definately thinking your statements regarding such to be a bit queer.

enjoy the beautiful day.

juicin' john

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: September 08, 2010 06:58PM

I don't have dog in this hunt, but own both types of juicers, albeit a green star elite competitor, the Kempo Green Power Twin Gear 1304 and an Omega VERT, a single auger machine. I've compared yield results, and as John Kohler's results bear out also, the twin gear will produce more juice per unit of input than a single auger, albeit a few ounces per pound. The trade off is a lower price for the single auger units and easier cleaning, e.g. fewer parts.

As to taste between the two types of juicers, that's subjective. I don't perceive a difference in the juices between the two types. Granted my twin gear is the Kempo Green Power and not the Green Star Elite. The Green Star Elite does have lower rpms than the Kempo Green Power (80 vs. 160). Notwithstanding, I don't perceive a difference between my twin gear juicer juice and my single auger juice. But that may be a bias or lack of sensitivity in me.

I may not be represenative of a typical raw vegan customer. That said, the mmines statement that on post # 3 of this thread is a subjective statement that differs from my experience.

It would be ideal if there were a place where people could taste and make their own determinations. Alas, there is no such place. And as such taste tests by definition are subjective to the taster.

Yield is clearly in the twin gear's corner, in my humble opinion. And ease of clean up and price of juicer is in the single auger's corner. I personally have found the claims of less foam for single auger juicers to be bunk. That said, knowing everything I know now, I'd pass on a twin gear juicer in favor of an Omega 8004/6 or VERT. You may not. Just understand that there are tradeoffs. And part of the answer for "you" is understanding the tradeoffs. Since there is no "place" you can see for yourself, you are left with your good sense, and reports such as this one (there are others).

I personally will not buy another twin gear juicer in my lifetime. The single auger juicers are too good for that. When I feed the pulp back through my Omega VERT, the yield advantage to my Green Power is gone. But it is a tad messier, I will concede. As a practical matter, I don't refeed my pulp but use it into making pulp/flax crackers. smiling smiley Nothing wasted.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2010 07:01PM by pborst.

Date: September 08, 2010 10:12PM

Just watched the Pangman video. Interesting,but short on specifics apart from the juice from a twin gear retaining more minerals (no data, to support that statement). All of the stuff on "liquid crystalline state" and "lifeforce" sounds like gobbidly gook. Best.

Paul

Date: September 08, 2010 11:16PM

pborst,
I found a copy of lab test report showing Green Star produces 25% to 225 % more mineral concentration in the juice. You may want to check it out from following link.

[www.greenstar.com]

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 08, 2010 11:27PM

I really can't put much stock in lab reports...not even "independent" lab reports. Each manufacture can show you documentation that their juicer puts out the most/best tasting.

When I bought my Champion years ago, it came with a lab analysis paper showing the nutrient content as compared to other juicers. Of course, theirs was the best/highest/etc.

I also have an impressive nutrient chart (from an independent lab) that came with my Norwalk. It produces the most vit/minerals/ best yield, better tasting juice, etc.

Food, err, juice for thought...

Date: September 09, 2010 12:04AM

hkhealth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pborst,
> I found a copy of lab test report showing Green
> Star produces 25% to 225 % more mineral
> concentration in the juice. You may want to check
> it out from following link.
>
> [www.greenstar.com]

Thanks. But what "leading juicers" are talking about? Centrifugal? Single Auger? What brand? I guess without transparency and 3rd party verification, it's tough to take the claim seriously.

Date: September 09, 2010 01:52AM

Interestingly, they dont mention the name of any of the juicers they where compared against...

John, IP addresses are easy to check, and if you know what your doing,its even easy to track somebody who is using a proxy server, and find the original IP they logged into the Proxy server with, If I had proof, that wasn't illegal for me to post, then by all means, id post it.smiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: September 09, 2010 03:50PM

if i understand correctly ...you are "politely" accusing me of having more than one ip adress?

if that is so then i can honestly say that you are falsely accusing me of such ...and that the readers here of your postings may wisely choose to be extremely cautious when evaluating what you post here.

regarding the names of the juicers....from looking at the report it is obvious that brand names are not required to give an overall view of which brand name juicers may be indicated. since the overall classification of the types.... will be sufficient to deliver enough pertinent information for a "round about" acessment of all juicers in that particular calssification...("give or take a few points" peculiar to the brand names.)

from looking at the report...i must say, the information is sufficient so that anyone seriously looking for results in a category can get a pretty good projection of what to expect from any brand name which falls into the particular type. i.e. 2 step, masticating and centrifuagel.

the terms: 2 step, masticating and centrifugal may each refer anyone of a number of brand name machines in that category. perhaps the cetrifugal can be furthur divided into the "old style" basket and the "new style" pulp ejector which really leaves alot of juice in the pulp. i would guess that he pulp ejector is evan less than the non- pulp ejector which needs to be emptied each time it becomes full of pulp.

please don't ever accuse me of having "fake accounts" again. thank you.

juicin' john

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 03:55PM by juicin' john.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:22PM

"please don't ever accuse me of having "fake accounts" again. thank you. "

??? How would you explain the same ip address for multiple accounts???

Date: September 10, 2010 01:20AM

juicin' john, I posted my opinion just to support you but sorry, I think I made you be accused as a fake id user. I strongly feel that it is curator who may enjoy multiple ids to promote a particular brand by utelizing the relationship to this board. I liked this board and highly respected before but now I am very much disappointed. I don't think I will come back here any more. Do you go to any other board so that I could meet you there?

Curator, if you are related to this board and are able to check my ip, you may do so and please stop accusing poor john. If you are the authority of this board, I hope you leave people alone to post their opinion freely so that this board can maintain good reputation. Once you lose it, it may not be easy for you to recover it. I feel that people could be misled here and I will stop recommending my friends to check this board. If you are not the authority or not related to this board, please forgive me.

Date: September 10, 2010 07:33AM

Im not the authority on this board, nor have I ever claimed to be, and if i was I would always let people post their opinions freely, even those who post opinion as fact when they are obviously not, I have never even stated that John shouldn't post, only disagreed with many of his statements (agreed with a couple) and pointed out an interesting piece of information here and there, now I cannot say anything more on the subject without incriminating myself, but to those who read this I just state that I had very good reason for my statements here, and they are accurate, if anyone else on here is skilled with computers, feel free to check for yourself. ^_^

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 10, 2010 11:52PM

ive known John here as long as i have been here way back to 2002, he has been a wealth of knowledge and both on juicing and many other topics, i can safely say he does not work for greenstar , for if he did i would have most assuredly bought mine off him just for the simple reason of knowing him

i really dont see what sniping about someones IP address has to do with this thread or any other, it has nothing to do with juicing or raw foods and quite frankly should have been taken to private messages along time ago

do ya all think we could put away the penises and quit pissing in the sandbox and get the topic back on track? smiling smiley please smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2010 11:54PM by Jgunn.

Date: September 11, 2010 12:25AM

I haven't been around as long as Jodi. But what interaction I have had with John (Juicin' John) has seemed cordial enough and mostly not centered on Greenstar. He's never made an ill word to me personally, that I can remember anyway. If that were to change it would be apparent. So, agree with Jodi, let's stick to the topic. If there were evidence of one IP address for multiple identities, of course that would change things. But, I've looked over this thread a couple of times and haven't seen that substantiated. Just questions asked.

Paul

p.s. I think the Greenstar is a great juicer based on what I've read and operating my own GP Kempo Twin Gear. To me the real question is whether it justifies the price difference of my VERT. And that's subjective. To me no. YMMV. winking smiley

Date: September 11, 2010 01:11AM

thanks paul , you put things so elequently whereas i come off like coarse grit sandpaper grinning smiley

personally i could care less if anyone has multiple accounts it is lending nothing to the discussion

if someone were to go thru this thread they probably think all us juice heads are friggen whack jobs grinning smiley

Date: September 11, 2010 04:46PM

i have both the greenstar elite and the hurom slow which is exactly the same juicer as the omega vert.and here is what i have observed:

the omega vert or hurom slow juicer ...both are incredibly inefficient.

1. alot of pulp in the juice.... which by the way defeats one of the most important reasons for juicing. the pulp causes the assimilation of the liquids to be muchly slowed down due to the need for the stomach to sort out and digest the pulp. straining pulp with a cheese cloth and strainer is extremely messey and wasteful. (organic produce is expensive). according to dr. gerson any pulp wahtsoever in the juice is prohibited for effective theraputic usages of the juices.

2. the pulp ejection "orfice" clogs up and the pulp ejection process becomes very inefficient sometimes requiring to stop and take the juicer apart in the middle of the juicing session. whatta mess!

3. a huge clump of unjuiced pulp always remains inside the the singe verticle augur. somewhere about a quater of a cup of unjuiced pulp. (again wasteful) can you imagine the cost and volume of 10 years of unjuiced pulp if one were to juice in it once a day.

4. i like the fairly simple clean up ...but it is surely not worth the messiness, waste, and extra work.

the green star gives a nice clean juice, and the advantages of the greenstar's magnetic and bio-cermaic technologies, ( which by the way i will just ignore your "gobolly gooked" opinion about since you have not presented us with any credentials which compare with Dr. mu shik jhon's lifetime of research and published papers)

for an extra $175 to $250 you pay for the greenstar elite there is no comparison to the benefits and quality available with the greenstar.

by the way the green power kempo you are talking about is a puny little piece of work which may not evan have the magnetic and bio-ceramic technology that is available with the greenstar line of juicers. i have seen the green power kempo in action and it is no wonder that you seem not to be very impressed with yours.

and what i really like about the elite is that carrots are much easier to juice because of a clever design change and the clean up is really smooth due to the "snap-in" clamps which close and open for assemble and disassembly and the way all the parts fits nicely into a sink full of water ...mostly rinse excep for the screen.

paul... you really ought to spring the extra bucks and get one of these new greenstars...i mean they are nice. i am really "very-very" happy with mine.

seems like the majority of people who have the elite really love the new design which greenstar has created.

thank you jgunn for your recent inputs!

beautiful day to us all.

juicin' john

Date: September 12, 2010 02:10AM

juicin' john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the omega vert or hurom slow juicer ...both are
> incredibly inefficient.

My operation of my vert has been very efficient. I juiced over 16 ounce of kale and recovered over 12 ounces of juice about equal to my Green Power.

> 1. alot of pulp in the juice.... which by the way
> defeats one of the most important reasons for
> juicing. the pulp causes the assimilation of the
> liquids to be muchly slowed down due to the need
> for the stomach to sort out and digest the pulp.

pulp is a matter of taste. I prefer it as it helps digestion by reducing the rise of blood sugar. That said, if you really want the pulp out, it's fairly easy to do and quite painless. John Kohler has a quite detailed video about it.
[www.youtube.com]

> straining pulp with a cheese cloth and strainer is
> extremely messey and wasteful. (organic produce is
> expensive). according to dr. gerson any pulp
> wahtsoever in the juice is prohibited for
> effective theraputic usages of the juices.

I use a nutmilk bag and it's quite easy. I use the pulp for making veggie crackers.

> 2. the pulp ejection "orfice" clogs up and the
> pulp ejection process becomes very inefficient
> sometimes requiring to stop and take the juicer
> apart in the middle of the juicing session. whatta
> mess!

I have never had that problem with my vert. Usually clogs and jams are the result of feed the machine too fast.

> 3. a huge clump of unjuiced pulp always remains
> inside the the singe verticle augur. somewhere
> about a quater of a cup of unjuiced pulp. (again
> wasteful) can you imagine the cost and volume of
> 10 years of unjuiced pulp if one were to juice in
> it once a day.

Again, I have never had that experience. My pulp is always bone dry except for the fine pulp in the nutmilk bag.
>
> 4. i like the fairly simple clean up ...but it is
> surely not worth the messiness, waste, and extra
> work.

My VERT is the easiest of my 3 juicers to clean. You pour one cup of water into it when you finish juicing and repeat until the water runs clear. Clean up for me is a snap. 3 minutes tops. Much easier to clean than a twin gear.

> the green star gives a nice clean juice, and the
> advantages of the greenstar's magnetic and
> bio-cermaic technologies,

I have had good juice results in my Green Power Kempo (which also has the magnetic and bioceramic technology of other twin gear juicers). The claims about bioceramic and magnets producing superior juicing results are not sufficiently substantiated in my view to be given much credibility.

>( which by the way i
> will just ignore your "gobolly gooked" opinion
> about since you have not presented us with any
> credentials which compare with Dr. mu shik jhon's
> lifetime of research and published papers)

My comment regarding the "gobbledly gook was my perception of Pangamen's comments on lifeforce and "liquid crystalline" state of water which beg the question, so what? I didn't question Dr. Mu Shik Jhon's credentials since I don't know the man. Nor do you or I or anyone else have to present "credentials" when expressing our opinion as long as we are not misrepresenting our opinion as anything more than that.

> for an extra $175 to $250 you pay for the
> greenstar elite there is no comparison to the
> benefits and quality available with the
> greenstar.

This is how I see it. The VERT is easier to clean, less expensive to purchase, produces a comparable yield and takes up less shelfspace. It's top feed design is easier to feed since it has a larger feedshoot. It's also better at juicing fruits than a twin gear design and has a longer warranty than the Greenstar (10 years for the Omega vs. 5 for the Greenstar)

> by the way the green power kempo you are talking
> about is a puny little piece of work which may not
> evan have the magnetic and bio-ceramic technology
> that is available with the greenstar line of
> juicers. i have seen the green power kempo in
> action and it is no wonder that you seem not to be
> very impressed with yours.

I actually am very impressed with my GreenPower. I just prefer generally juicing in my VERT. Regarding comparing the Green Power vs. the Green Star, John Kohler has done a wonderful job of comparing these and other twin gears. And you may be suprised at some of his findings. [www.discountjuicers.com].

Not only does the GreenPower has the same bio-ceramic and magnetic technology of the GreenStar, it produces exactly the same yield on John's test as the GreenStar. When juicing the same amount of celery in each machine, John Kohler's juice off produced the same amount. But the comparison doesn't end here.

The Green Power is over $80 less expensive than the Greenstar and has much better warranty over twice as long as the Greenstar (10 years for the Green Power, only 5 for the Greenstar). The Green Power is better for juicing wheatgrass according to John Kohler than the Greenstar. The Green Power is better suited to travel because of it's smaller dimensions. And comes in a wide range of colors than the Greenstar (Black or White for the Green Power, White only for the Greenstar).

> paul... you really ought to spring the extra bucks
> and get one of these new greenstars...i mean they
> are nice. i am really "very-very" happy with
> mine.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm have with my Green Power Kempo, VERT and Omega Big Mouth. If I pop for any new juicer, it'd be a Norwalk. But that's a chunk of change.

>
> seems like the majority of people who have the
> elite really love the new design which greenstar
> has created.

It is an excellent juicer, and I'm glad you are happy with your purchase.

Paul

Date: September 16, 2010 03:35PM

paul

i checked out your comment you made on the problem i experience with unjuiced pulp remaining in the machine "as unjuiced" and ....i am convinced that it only happens when the pulp discharge orfice becomes clogged up(but it happens frequently enough to provoke my disatisfaction) . i apologize for my mistake.

regarding pulp in the juice....i still find that to be antagonistic to the idea and definition of juice and juicing.

juicin' john

Date: September 16, 2010 04:27PM

John,

Since you have the elite, I assume you won't be juicing in the Hurom much anymore. If you do, I strongly advise reviewing the Kohler video link I provided in the above post. Slowing the feed rate and chopping the produce in to 1 to 2 inch sections can go along way to reducing unjuiced pulp build up in the machine. Of course, I just use a nutmilk bag when I want pulp free juice, so that's not an issue for me.

Paul

Date: September 16, 2010 05:59PM

how do you folks clean your nut milk bags , i have tried using them but find they impart a flavor to the juice (possible from the soap)

i just cant wrap my head around using them, im with Yogi and John as far as they go , not a big fan dont like the taste after using them, the extra step and mess to deal with smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables