Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vita Mix & Food Processor Do I need Both?
Posted by: lunachica ()
Date: August 31, 2006 02:14AM

Hello- I am transitioning to raw foods (about 1 month now). I have invested in a dehydrator and already had a vita mix with both the wet blade & the dry blade. I just ordered a fairly expensive 12 cup food processor but am wondering if I should just go with something less expensive.

What do most people use more or less? The vita mix can be annoying for dryer mixing. Do i really need both? Suggestions, advice, appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Michelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vita Mix & Food Processor Do I need Both?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 31, 2006 03:17PM

LOL. That's funny that vitamix sells you a wet and a dry blade. Just another way for them to make money I guess. My ktec has one blade for everything.

Anyway, to answer your question I would say yes, if you can afford it. The twelve cup is a nice size and is good to have for processing food items. There are some things you can't do in a blender that you can in a food processor and vice versa. No way to get around it unless you become a fruitarian or natural hygienist. Well, that's not alltogether true. You could just opt to chop everything by hand. Still, it makes life a bit easier.

On another note, I hope you got an excalibur dehydrator. It is the only one you should have as a raw foodists. It is the same product that Ann Wigmore, Victoras Kulvinskas and many other raw foodists advocate and is simply the best one available.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: lunachica ()
Date: September 02, 2006 06:57PM

Thanks Marcos -
Yes - I did buy the excalibur (and really liking it so far), hence my hesitation on spending so much on a food processor. But......i'm looking at it as an investment in my health.
I also bought a german slicer, dicer hand gadget that is great for quick smaller jobs.

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: September 24, 2006 10:46PM

If you can afford it, a 12 cup cuisinart is great. I LUURRVE mine. Coleslaw, energy balls, raw cake mixes, nut butters, pates in minutes. 'Course I love my vitamix too!
Anna

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables