Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

omega 8003 questions
Posted by: adrian ()
Date: August 29, 2010 05:23PM

hi everyone....well, now i'm back to getting a second juicer. i sold my omega vert in frustration a couple months ago, bought a green power kempo. so this is great for me for all the leafy based juices, but i'm into the same problem i had before which is, time...if i want to juice in quantity it will take way too long with this.

i'm thinking of a second juicer again to supplement the kempo. i was going to get a champion, but interested in opinions about omega 8003 instead. like how quick do you find it for juicy things like cucumber, apples, oranges, even carrot? if anyone's had both a champion and an omega 8003 which did you like more?

thank you! i can't believe i'm back to the same setup as years ago! i guess it's what's worked the best for me. i actually had both the kempo and champion that i sold and bought the vert...now i'm back to where i was to start with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: omega 8003 questions
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 30, 2010 01:42AM

adrian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'm thinking of a second juicer again to
> supplement the kempo. i was going to get a
> champion, but interested in opinions about omega
> 8003 instead. I used the Omega Vert just long enough to
know I didn't like it. I've also used the Green Power Kempo, the
Champion, and the Omega 8003. The Kempo is just too small for a
serious Juicer. The Champion doesn't do Greens efficiently. I'd
go with the 8003's upgrade....the Omega 8004 (easy to use, good
yield, dry pulp, and quick cleanup).....WY

Date: August 30, 2010 03:08AM

yes, that's what i find with the kempo too, it's too small to use for a lot of juice, a quart works good, more than that and it takes too long. i probably should have just got a greenstar....so expensive here...but i've found i really like the dual gear juicers, which is why i got the kempo. the vert turned out to be useless for me!

thanks for your input..you've had a lot of juicers. i liked the champion for it's speed, although it's high rpm, but i was using more as supplement, and i could make very quick carrot juice, or a lot of cucumber/zuchinni that i then added to the kempo juice and that was how i managed to get a few quarts of juice in reasonable time. omega has low rpm so that's good, i'm glad to hear there's good yield and quick clean up...must think on this more now, maybee the 8004 would be better than a champion...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 02, 2010 03:12AM

I agree with WY, when im juicing really slow it takes me 20 minutes max to juice a quart of juice and clean up the machine, when im actually trying to hurrry its usually between 10-15 minutes max to make a quart using carrots and kale when the carrots arent especially juice heavy, when they ARE ive done almost 2 quarts in 10 minutes AND cleaned up, but those where some really juice heavy carrots... whatever you end up getting, I hope you enjoy itsmiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 02, 2010 06:07AM

Curator Wrote:
> ....... whatever you end up getting, I
> hope you enjoy itsmiling smiley I agree!! Enjoy your Juicer,
and you'll juice more often. A daily routine is also important.
I like Celery-Mixed Greens juice in the morning.....WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 02, 2010 03:59PM

what curator neglected to tell you is that using the omega one must cut the carrots into small sized pieces so that the single augur can accept them.

my personal experience of watching the omega "crunch"(gives the impression tha tit is sorta struggling through the job) the carrots gave me the perception that the omega machine is not really designed for hard veggies like carrots and beets but does them in spite of its design.

jj

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 02, 2010 07:41PM

juicin' john Wrote:
> what curator neglected to tell you is that using
> the omega one must cut the carrots into small
> sized pieces so that the single augur can accept
> them.
>
> my personal experience of watching the omega
> "crunch"(gives the impression tha tit is sorta
> struggling through the job) the carrots gave me
> the perception that the omega machine is not
> really designed for hard veggies like carrots and
> beets but does them in spite of its design.
>
> jj

*sigh*

again with the personal attack, or at least the ever popular "sideways compliment"...give it a rest...

Date: September 03, 2010 02:48AM

so just 20 minutes for a quart of carrot juice including cleanup...very similar to the champion, thanks that helps too.

i want to be consistant in juicing again, i haven't done that in years now. and i love juicing, i feel very different and better when i do, even my complexion changes...seems i just can't get back into that routine yet...i'm working on it!!

Date: September 03, 2010 03:12PM

the omega 8003 is a cheap plastic handcrank juicer with a motor. it does not juice carrots and hard veggies efficiently....for greens and celery it is ok.

if you spend that much on the omega you may as well save up or go the extra mile and get a machine which is truly suitable for juicing hard stuff as well as greens.

personal attack? sideways compliment? sorry but your suspicious nature is overwhelming a possible sense of reason..... juicer katz.

be well,

juicin' john

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2010 03:23PM by juicin' john.

say...juicin' john...
Date: September 03, 2010 11:13PM

let me ask you, how's the greenstar with cucumber, zuchinni? are these too soft for it? and does carrot take forever? how about making juice in quantity, like 3 quarts/day, does it take too long? it does with the kempo, and also carrots are so slow, i don't even bother....this was why i was thinking a supplemental juicer...

thanks juicin' john...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 03, 2010 11:33PM

hey adrian, just check out the youtube comparison videos, they are really good, and shows it in action (I put carrots in WHOLE in my omega, only REALLY large carrots have to be cut into smaller pieces) to be honest adrian, I think Juicing john works for greenstar or something, he constantly lies about the omega to try and make it look bad in comparison to the greenstar, dont take our word for anything, and definitely not his, do your own research, check out the comparison videos that show both operating in real time, as well as many other juicers, then form your opinion from that, and purchase the juicer you feel is right for yousmiling smiley (also feel free to read the green star elite thread on this same board to get some more interesting information if youd like...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: September 05, 2010 02:57PM

adrian

the new gs-5000 or greenstar elite has a design change and the gears have been extended a bit which makes carrot juicing pretty easy. i can juice up a quart or more of carrot juice in less than 10 min.

cukes are pretty good too but they do better if intermixed with some greens and celery which make a nice blend. intermittently add some tomato and a hint of garlic if you like and you will have a tasty drink indeed.

zuchini is difficult but can be inter mixed with no problem. what is nice about the greenstar is that it is really accurate in blending together exotic "wow-tasting" combinations.

to top it off the elite is so easy to clean!

hope that helps,

juicin' john

Date: September 06, 2010 03:18PM

yes that does help...thanks jj...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2010 10:33PM

Juicin' John, I am new to this board and read the threads. It looks to me that you are fighting lonely against the authority that has power and liberty of having many different faces on this board...but cheers! many of silent readers can detect what is going on here and know who's promoting what. John, like you do, I own a Green Star juicer and love it. - hkspringchan

Posted by: ron ()
Date: March 15, 2011 05:16PM

I HAVE HAD BOTH AND MUCH PREFER THE OMEGA. THE 8003 IS LIGHTER, EASIER TO CLEAN, AN JUST A BETTER ALL AROUND JUICER. IN MY OPINION OF COURSE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables