Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vacuum Packaging Systems?
Posted by: JimBigBear ()
Date: September 01, 2006 03:18PM

Anyone have idea's here? I see Food Saver out there but are there others that are better? Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vacuum Packaging Systems?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2006 03:50AM

Well, it's been a long time since you posted and this is my first time here but I thought I'd give it a whirl and see if anyone is interested in the Food Saver method.

I bought a food saver a few weeks ago and absolutely love the system. I put all my organic foods in the containers the first day I buy them and vacuum the air out and my salads are as fresh the last day of the week as the first.

I find the containers work better than the bags so far. When I first got everything I cut my veggies up for my salads for a week and put them in the bags and vacuumed them and sealed them. The bags must have leaked since air was in the last few of them and the veggies were slimy - yuck. BUT, it could be that I'm not a pro at sealing them yet or knowing which veggies to put in or not.

I think my Food Saver is one of the best purchases I've made. I would recommend them to anyone. I bought the Food Saver at Walmart and the containers at Best Buy. Revival containers work with Food Saver too. They give you the adapter in the container package.

Good luck and I hope others buy this too - they are great.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 16, 2006 04:06AM

Food Savers are time savers. I remember years ago I used to juice carrots for the day and store what I didn't drink right away. I used a Pump-n-Seal device that did a pretty good job of taking the air out of the containers. Best to prepare fresh as needed.....WY

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: December 26, 2006 02:58PM

Had one and gave it away. Pump n Seal actually is a manual vacuum device that has been around for 20+ years. I had one awhile back and thought it was crap. Well, it's improved significantly and actually removes more air, per bag, than the pump and seal. Best part is that it's portable! I was having so much fun sealing stuff with my pump that I had forgotten about the foodsaver. Then I offered to my next door neighbor and she was exstatic. Poor thing is moving and I know she's gonna miss me. She's gotten some nice toys because I tried and didn't like them but offered each item to her before I put it on ebay or gave it to someone else.

Cheers,

Mark

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables