Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making nut/seed mylk in Omega 8006 or similar model:
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 21, 2010 12:53AM

Anyone know how? I'd appreciate it! I looked on Youtube a while back and found nada. I'll look again and Google it but if you have had good luck doing it this way, do tell!smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making nut/seed mylk in Omega 8006 or similar model:
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 21, 2010 01:19AM

Well, you said with a similar model...I never tried it with my Samson, which is a single auger juicer similar to the 8006...but I know the Omega VERT will do it, as I make almond milk regularly with it...

Other than that, I have used my hi speed blender & strained it through a bag, but I prefer the juicer as it is less mess.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 21, 2010 01:44AM

So tell me how to do it, okay? smiling smiley

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 21, 2010 01:57AM

John Kohler has vids on youtube using the VERT to make the milk, and there are many vids on there of folks using a blender to make it.

If you use a blender, only run it a short time, just long enough to churn the nuts into liquid.

If you go crazy with it and blend for 2 or 3 minutes you will never get the milk squeezed through the bag, as the very fine pulverized nut pulp will clog the pores something awful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables