Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to prevent cooking?
Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: October 11, 2010 04:51PM

Will running a blender at the lowest speed prevent the contents from being cooked?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to prevent cooking?
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:44AM

You can use any speed as long as it doesn't get hot. It's only going to get cooked at prolonged high speeds. If it's a Vitamix, or other similar blender, you never need to run it for long anyhow. A less expensive blender will need a bit longer, but it still shouldn't be too much. Just always make sure to use plenty of liquid when needed. If for any reason you need to run a blender longer for something like nut butter, just take periodic breaks if it seems to be overworking.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2010 10:45AM by GilmoreGirl.

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: October 12, 2010 04:14PM

Great, thank you!

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:47PM

In the Vitamix Pro 500 review I provided earlier, they had to run the tomato soup for 5 minutes to get it hot. For most cold or raw items, the running time is under one minutes and never heats up. That said, my statement is what I have seen online demonstrated on Vitamixes (I don't own one, at least not yet) or my Blendtech. Though the result is the same, usually less than one minute, often less than 30 seconds, never hot or heated.

I think the point is if you wanted to heat it in a Vitamix you could. But if you wanted to heat it, better just make it in the Vitamix and warm it in your dehydrator.

Paul

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 31, 2010 12:56AM

Anything that moves that fast brutalizes the food regardless of temperature reached. I do what I can to avoid using my blender (which I inherited from my mother). When making "milk" from various plant substances, I first send it through my Omega 6-in-1 juicer/food processor (a slow moving auger-type machine) to break down the fiber, then take the mush and put it thru the blender for an instant with some water to make the milk.

I don't even like using my high-speed spinning basket juicer, but I do from time to time.

Also, 20 years ago I got suckered into buying a vitamix. I can't bear the thing, the racket and the speed and everything. I intend to donate it to the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: November 28, 2010 02:59AM

lol, you can donate it to me horsea <3 lol... I got me a $20 oster,lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables