Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pulp in the juice
Posted by: bachcole ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:34PM

I own both a twin-gear juicer and a Vitamix. So, I have a question.

I understand the rational for minimizing the pulp in the juice: The less pulp the less the body has to work at assimilating the goodies, and consequently there is a net increase in energy (prana, chi, etc). So, although I understand the rational, and I even believe in the rational, does anyone have any experience that shows that having as little pulp in the juice as possible gives them more energy.

I take a bunch of fruits and veggies and put them in my Vitamix. Then I juice a bunch more of these same fruits and veggies, and then put the juice in the Vitamix. I don't usually put any water in the Vitamix. Then I blend. This maximizes the amount of enzymes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pulp in the juice
Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 28, 2010 09:29PM

Hi Bachcole,
I am doing a smoothie week to give my body a rest. In fact I juice in the morning and have a smoothie in the afternoon and another at night. I think that if you have a liquid meal it is better than food because you stomach gets a rest. Even if it is a smoothie with pulp on it and it is blended it is better than food. I did 13 days on liquid like that and I'm doing again and it feels amazing. I get so relax and feel so good.
Some days I just have plain water,depends on the day,but it has to be just liquid
(plain water,juice,or smoothie).

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: November 29, 2010 10:02AM

personally, I prefer having the pulp, I do feel I have a tad bit more energy when I use no pulp, but when I make smoothies, Ive noticed my energy levels are far better sustained... so I do both, I juice and make smoothies... just like you seem to already be doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 29, 2010 05:23PM

yes,I agree with you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables