Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting..Odwalla?
Posted by: Casy ()
Date: September 07, 2006 02:57PM

I have Just Started my Fast Today. I'm looking foward to the clarity and cleansing of both mind and spirit.... HOWEVER I do not have a juicer and have been drinking only water....WOULD it be okay to Drink Organic Juice, Such AS
Odwalla?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting..Odwalla?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 19, 2006 05:27PM

I tried some Odwalla Carrot Juice once and it was terrible (compared to the real thing). Odwalla juices are Flash Pasteurized, so it's not something you'd want to become habit forming.
Experienced fasters, who are fairly 'clean', can go quite a while on pure water. If you don't have a juicer, I'd recommend blending carrots and water, and then straining it.......WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 27, 2006 08:10AM

no odes for odwalla
they're odious
what's the point drinking anything "good" once its flash pasteurized?
that's just like shooting your crops , setting it on fire
and saying its alright cuz it happened in a "flash"
so no biggie

Date: October 03, 2006 06:11AM

Nobody says it quite like la_veronique!!!......WY

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 07, 2006 09:19PM

Not really. Fresh juice must be consumed within 30 minutes of being made in order for you to receive the benefits. Drinking Odwalla would just fill you up for a bit but it wouldn't provide nutrition you need during a serious fast.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend a water fast unless you are seriously hard core. Granted in Biblical times they did water fasts but they didn't have to deal with toxic bodies.

Go to Overstock.com or Ebay or somewhere and get yourself a juicer. Fresh juice cannot be compared to anything bottled or canned!

~raine~
Day 6 of 30-Day juice fast

Date: October 07, 2006 09:31PM

Raine.....What juices are you drinking on your 30 day juice fast? I'm on day 4 of a 28 day juice fast. I'm drinking wheatgrass juice, carrot w/celery, and citrus. Today I've had only citrus.......WY
P.S. 'Scratch' my question. I just read your post at 'Vegetable Juice Fasting'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2006 09:36PM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 07, 2006 10:06PM

when locked in boston children's hospital after my sons birth and being unable to leave because of breastfeeding (some nurses are horrible at supporting moms in this, if i was not available when they said, not when he said), i had to live off of six odwallas a day as i couldn't live off of the sad, sad withered fruit they had in the cafeteria. i made mad breastmilk, but must admit it was a hard time on my body and mind since the hospital environment was toxic. it doesn't allow for the purity and cleanliness and lightness of mind and vision that true juice fasting does.

my husband is on day 9 of a 40 day juice fast, i'll probably be jumping in for the last 10 days.

blessings on this time for you!

peace,
Mama Cass

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 07, 2006 11:33PM

Mama Cass - why is your husband on a 40 day fast? (health, spiritual, etc?)

~raine~

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 08, 2006 12:06AM

spiritual fast.

40 days, mourning, prayer, cleansing, purifying, waiting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables