Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question About Sugar in Carrot Juice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2006 10:04PM

Hi.

I have heard some say that drinking a glass of fresh carrot juice on an empty stomach is "like a karate chop to the pancreas." In other words, it blasts the pancreas, causes insulin level to soar, is very UNhealthful.

I am confused by that, since Lorraine Day and others say they drank lots of carrot juice and were healed from doing so.

One chemist I know said drinking raw carrot juice is terrible for someone with cancer---that the cancer feeds off sugar, and that they should EAT the carrot, so as to ingest it the way nature intended it to be ingested.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question About Sugar in Carrot Juice
Date: September 11, 2006 12:35PM

Thisi is a serious question for me. 16 reads and no reply? I would sure appreciate a response. Thank you.

Posted by: Casy ()
Date: September 11, 2006 02:52PM

From One Websire I read A woman was cured of cancer from raw carrot juice
[www.drbass.com]

"A volunteer for a hospice gave me a small booklet written by a woman who cured herself of cancer by drinking raw carrot juice. I thought that was pretty bizarre and unrealistic. But read the book anyway. I tried the carrot juice.
Within 10 days my dyslexia vanished. There I was at 22 years old never having read more than 20 pages of a book, finally able to read. I read voraciously about diets and nutrition. If I went 7-10 days without drinking the raw carrot juice dyslexia returned.
I experimented with diets, food-combining and sometimes supplements. The macrobiotic diet seemed to put my cancers in remission but exacerbated my diabetes and psoriasis.
I began experimenting with helping people who had health problems. I experienced some spectacular healing with raw foods, especially with enormous consumption of raw fat, like raw cream from cows, in combination with vegetable juices. "

Date: September 11, 2006 04:33PM

Carrot juice is good for you, the only issue is that most carrots people are growing are hybrid with a lot of sugar so as long as you can find organic non hybrid carrot you will be fine. [www.livingfoodsinstitute.com]

Date: September 11, 2006 06:20PM

Hello. Thank you for replying. I have been using organic carrots. But how can I tell if they are hybrid or not?

Date: September 11, 2006 11:40PM

It is difficult to find out for sure that is why we should not drink too much of carrot juice. Normally if you grow it yourself or ask the grower what kind of seeds they use. If the juice is too sweet then for sure that is not natural.

Personally I do buy organic carrot for juicing and mixing with my smoothies but it is no longer the largest part of my diet, I use home grown sprouts and green juice or smoothis to counter any excess sugar from the carrots. I use to make straight carrot juice but have not done for the last 2 years, I always mix it with green juice (dandelion, colard greens and spinach)

[www.arkinstitute.com]

[www.rawfoods.com]

Posted by: Raw Step By Step ()
Date: September 12, 2006 08:15PM

My husband makes our whole family carrot-apple juice in the AM first thing. He needs it in his body before working out, or he gets dizzy and nauseated working out on an empty stomach.

I find it quite intense and prefer more apples to cut down on the sweetness, also I like to drink water before hitting the juice.

We don't drink a large amount of it, I probably drink 1/2 cup. I am sure if you don't have sugar problems and don't drink it in mass quanities, it won't harm you.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 19, 2006 03:46AM

Don't believe what you've heard about the 'sugar spike' from carrot juice. Test it on your own body. The sugar from fruit is far more detrimental, especially over a long period of time. Some say we're naturally Fruit Eaters, but I feel we should eat a more alkaline diet. I enjoy having wheatgrass juice first thing in the morning followed an hour or so later with at least 32 ounces of carrot juice, usually more.......Wheatgrass Yogi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables