Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I need another juicer
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 29, 2011 09:54AM

geo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would suggest you check out the vids on youtube,
> as they have plenty of comparisons.

Yes, I've seen a lot of them. As far as yield goes, the Super Angel has them all beat. But there's more to juicing than just yield. For me, I've owned enough juicers over the years to know what I like, and dislike. Everyone who juices should be Happy with their juicer, no matter what kind it is. Search until you find the right One......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2011 06:02AM

yes, I agree WY, and there's also vids that show what juicers are easier to clean up. It's each to their own in my opinion. If someone prefers a juicer that is easy in the clean up, but doesn't give quite as much yield, well go for it. But if you want high yield, which means that the juicer is getting the most out of the produce (and your dollar), then go for that one. I just did alot of research, and also have friends that have an angel, so I got to see it all up close, and I don't mind the clean up (which really doesn't take that long anyway).

Of course, the Angel is quite pricey, and if you haven't got that sort of dosh, than from what I hear on this forum, the Omega 8004 or 8006 is the go, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it....Just ask WY ;-)

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 01, 2011 03:39PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> geo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would suggest you check out the vids on
> youtube,
> > as they have plenty of comparisons.
>
> Yes, I've seen a lot of them. As far as yield
> goes, the Super Angel has them all beat.

What about a Norwalk? I think a Super Angel could be competitive but would bet the Norwalk would win a yield contest.

But
> there's more to juicing than just yield. For me,
> I've owned enough juicers over the years to know
> what I like, and dislike. Everyone who juices
> should be Happy with their juicer, no matter what
> kind it is. Search until you find the right
> One......WY

Couldn't agree more Henry. My old twin gear provides better yield and less pulp than my Omega VRT but more clean up time. With the Super Angel, I haven't suffered from clean up time and my yield is up. I think you have to decide where you are going pay.. up front ... in lower yield... or clean up time. We have to pay somewhere. The question is where and time vs. money.

Paul

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:16PM

pborst Wrote:
> ......We have to pay somewhere.
> The question is where and time vs. money.

I drive a Honda Civic....practically a stripped-down model. Its light weight, and small engine, makes it economical to drive. I wouldn't be comfortable driving an overpowered vehicle....like a Ford Mustang for example.
I have to have that same comfort-level when it comes to Juicers....Yield is a non-issue with me, as is Money. It's all in the 'feeling'......WY

Date: December 01, 2011 09:12PM

For me it's yield,convenience, and juice quality. I have a centrifugal when I need to move quickly Most of the time, I go for juice quality and yield. That's where the Angel is heavenly! winking smiley

Date: December 02, 2011 04:57AM

The Norwalk probably does yield more...maybe, though viewing the vids, the left-over pulp looks pretty void of any moisture. But everyone has a limit, and all the extra work plus paying 2k or more in comparisan to the Angel doesn't justify it for me. At any rate, I watched a vid where the 'Gerson therapy' people said the Norwalk is the only juicer where they've analysed the juice to ascertain the nutrient value. So perhaps the Angel isn't far off the mark anyway, or perhaps other juicers also. However, in my opinion high yield equates to more nutrients where the juicer extracts more of the good stuff that's locked away within the cellular structure of the plant, and the low speed/cold press may also mean live nutrients.

Paul - Has your nut-butter attachment arrived yet? Is it exy, and have you used it yet? I'm thinking of buying one also, so any info you can give would be appreciated.

Cheers,
geo

Date: December 02, 2011 03:30PM

Geo,

Both the soft fruit attachment and nut butter attachment have arrived. And just as described they are identical in every respect to the standard juicer housing with the exception of the holes (bigger on the soft fruit attachment, none on the nutbutter attachment).

They are a little pricey, $190 American each. But with the same construction and warranty as the original unit.

I think I will use the nut butter attachment for sorbets and nut butters or for homogenizing.

The soft fruit attachment will make a pulpier juice which I might want for soup stock. So, I plan to use it for fruits and veggies.

The customer service was excellent with delivery made in 3 days. Geo I will follow up with you once I have run some batches of soaked walnuts for walnut butter. It makes an excellent spread.

Paul

Date: December 03, 2011 08:36AM

Thx Paul, I've posted on your review of the Angel, but I would like to know how they fair, the new attachments I mean. But hey, I might just go ahead and order them, as I'm sick of throwing out old bananas and avo's etc. Also, nut butter with a little chilli is delish...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables