Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

opinion on Samson GB-9001 for wheatgrass?
Posted by: jeffp6155 ()
Date: September 14, 2006 07:00PM

HI - I would appreciate it if someone would actually respond to this query.
I started growing wheatgrass using soil and trays in my apartment and I've been successful with that but found using the manual "healthy juicer" really unacceptable. Hardly any juice, etc., but still an ambitious looking inexpensive appliance.

I have a Champion for vegetable jucing which is fine, and I want to get a decent electric juicer for wheatgrass in the $200 price range.
The Samson GB-9001 seems to have positive reviews - I'd like the opinions of those here - is this the best choice in this price range, or would you suggest a different electric juicer?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: opinion on Samson GB-9001 for wheatgrass?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 17, 2006 09:23PM

Yes, I owned a Samson GB-9001 and used it for years. It is a nice machine for wheatgrass juice even though there's a lot plastic to it. It's fast too for a low RPM juicer. That's because the auger is quite large. I eventually replaced my Samson with a Wheateena Green Label but I have to rate them as a 'toss up'.......Wheatgrass Yogi

Date: September 19, 2006 09:11PM

thanks i was actually - as i was reading your response - ask if you'd recommend the WHEATEENA Red Label over the Samson but you beat me to the punch. Since I also juice vegetables (currently with a Champion) I'm thinking of transitioning completely to the Samson. Jeff

Date: September 20, 2006 12:16AM

The Samson GB-9001 or 6 in 1, as it is sometimes called, would make the best all-purpose juicer. I'd only recommend the Green Label (80 rpm) for wheatgrass juice and I wouldn't recommend the Red Label (177 rpm) for anything at all. Sundance Industries, the manufacturer of the Wheateena juicers, just haven't kept up with their competition.
Happy Juicing......WY

Date: September 20, 2006 02:45AM

I see a new Samson on Ebay for $210 including shipping.
Seems like the best price out there. Do you agree?

Date: September 20, 2006 07:05AM

Yes, that is a good price. My two favorites....
[www.juicersforless.com]
and
[www.discountjuicers.com]
offer it for $239 and $239.99, including shipping......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables