Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My blender's toastsad smiley
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 06, 2011 09:40PM

It was a Hamilton Beach and it just kept working. I had it a few years. Last night I went to make a mango shake, pushed the button and it kept whirling around without breaking up the fruit. Then I smelled burning rubber (never a good sign!) and I unplugged the thing and all this black stuff started pouring out from the base. I think there was a part missing and turning it on without it burnt the bottom area where you attach the blender. Now I remember tossing a washer thingie in the trash because I didn't know what it belonged to! Oy vey! Does anyone know a good blender under $100?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My blender's toastsad smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 06, 2011 09:43PM

Hit the thrift store and grab whatever they've got, then start saving up for a good one! My second hand blenders have all worked for me for a long, long time. Not the most amazing blenders ever but pretty good all things considered.

Date: February 06, 2011 09:49PM

Hmm...blenders are so cheap these days that I would probably have to wait too long to find one in a thrift store (although I know a particular one that is really good and might have a nice blender so I will go there first). You are so lucky to get that Vitamix! I don't know how much money I'll be able to scrounge up if I decide to do this online stuff, but I'd like to get a Vitamix by the end of the year, at least!smiling smiley That QVC deal was awesome...Or maybe a reconditioned Vitamix? Who knows. At least if I can find a used blender, I won't feel so guilty about buying a Vitamix later!smiling smiley

Date: February 06, 2011 10:37PM

My machine is refurbished, I couldn't tell the difference if I tried. Still pricey but less so...

Date: February 06, 2011 10:58PM

Check this ebay one out![cgi.ebay.com]

I have never gotten anything via ebay. I have never used Paypal, either.

Date: February 06, 2011 11:05PM

Paypal is easy, you just register and that's it. They ask you to verify via a phone call or something like that but I never did and it all works fine. I think they have an option for using your bank account too but I just wouldn't give that info out online to anyone...

My ex had one like that, stainless (I think he's in Quebec too! Maybe it's his). I think cleaning the spout thing is a pain but that's a pretty solid machine. You can't see what you're blending though.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 07, 2011 12:16AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check this ebay one
> out!
Don't do it!!! The models out now are so much easier
to use. Just wait until you have enough money to buy a new one.....WY

Date: February 07, 2011 12:19AM

Well, I used that old stainless model and it wasn't hard at all! You just press go and it blends. Pretty straight forward these machines.

Date: February 07, 2011 01:42AM

I kind of like the stainless steel part--I don't really care about seeing it--I can lift the lid. WY--how is it harder to use (if you know)?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 07, 2011 03:37AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY--how is it harder to use (if you know)?
I bought an old Vitamix 3600 on eBay many years ago...
just like the one pictured. It was dirty, lacked power, and
was just overall too big and bulky. I ended up giving it to
the local Thrift Store.....WY

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 07, 2011 10:12AM

hmm, considering its almost half the price of getting a new one, and its gonna get a lot higher in the last few minutes of the bidding process, i dont think it seems worth it... whether its harder to use or not...I wouldnt do the ebay thing... and you KNOW how much of a cheapskate I am,LOL...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 07, 2011 10:39PM

182 at last bid .. that is way too much for that old of a blender unless yer displaying it in a retro kitchen smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables