Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
blendtec total blender???????
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 08, 2011 05:15AM

Just saw a demonstration for it at sams club today, it was pretty cool... but the coolest part was that its $380 with The 7 year warranty... im gonna be getting payed next month,so im thinking of borrowing some money from family to get it, since its only gonna be available there for that price till the 13th... Thoughts? Info? Ive noticed its 13 Amps, im fairly certain I dont have any 20 amp outlets in my kitchen other than what the stove is hooked up to... it cant really oeprate on a 10 amp line without tripping the breaker, can it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: blendtec total blender???????
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 08, 2011 04:34PM

I have been operating mine on my home kitchen line without tripping the breaker routinely for 3 years. I don't know if my line is 10 amp or not. That may be a peak # limit.
Paul

Date: March 08, 2011 08:51PM

thanks paul, thats good to know, I actually screwed up my post last night, cause I hadnt slept in two days, see i was thinking 110 vs 220 and just cut the first number off of each,lol... from what I can tell normal household current will run it fine as long as things in the kitchen are set up to code (electrical wise) so I may end up getting one, I think its the best bet of getting my mom to eat more nutrient dense raw stuff... pack a bunch of veggies into a smoothie, put in some, well, less than healthy flavorings, and let it rip... then I can probably get her to eat it... its better than nothing right? and will be easier for her weak system to digest...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 08, 2011 11:39PM

Most "modern" kitchens have at least one 15 amp circuit, if not a 20 amp. I am not sure if Blendtec rates that amp as the max draw or not - it would be interesting to know.

Also, you could get one of those "kill-a-watt" meters to connect in the line to determine exactly how much draw there is during use.

Date: March 08, 2011 11:52PM

well, the people at sams say I can return it for any reason within 30 days, possibly as long as 60 if there IS a problem, for a full refund... so I think im gonna go for it... tomorrow I will be buying itsmiling smiley My dad loaned me the money with 10% interest for every month after 30 days I take to pay him back...Since I will be payed in 3 weeks or so, I will pay him back right then, no interest accrued...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 12:07AM

Acck!

Your dad drives a hard bargain! But, as you said you can pay him off quickly. And, if that circuit isn't strong enough, you could have one wired in for not too much money.

i don't know what CA prices would be, but in my area a competent licensed handyman could do that job for probably less than $100.00.

I'm sure you will be very happy with it. Have you watched the "will it blend" youtube vids?

Date: March 09, 2011 12:11AM

no, I might have a long time ago, as it sounds familiar, but I dont remember for sure,lol.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 01:48AM

Watch the series to see what this blender is capable of!

In this one, he blends an Ipad!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 09, 2011 01:57AM

blending an ipad makes me wanna blend HIM..lol...such a waste... not that I like them much, but they are dang expensive!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 02:30AM

I've put whole frozen bananas with frozen blueberries for my wife's smoothies, not a problem. A real workhorse. Get the 96 oz carafe if you can. If not, the 64 oz is fine.

Remember to clean it, just a drop of dish soap in 1 quart of water and pulse for 30 seconds, rinse and dry. That easy.

Paul

Date: March 09, 2011 02:34AM

Im pretty sure this is small, like the whole thing together I think might be like 15 inches tall

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 03:00AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watch the series to see what this blender is
> capable of!
>
> In this one, he blends an Ipad!
>
> [www.youtube.com]

I understand Charlie Sheen is volunteering to climb into one in an asbestos suit. Will it blend Charlie Sheen?

Secrets of Blendtec Blending

Date: March 09, 2011 03:04AM

that...is a disturbing mental picture,haha

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 03:48AM

It was mean I know. :.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 03:48AM by pborst.

Date: March 09, 2011 04:07AM

yeah,lol... the funny thing is I could almost see him do that...its practically what he's doing now...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:35PM

Curator, you almost got me going about that Blendtec and then I read some Amazon reviews and apparently the container broke (or some other part) and the company would only replace it if they paid almost $200! My feeling is--have you ever worked with a Vitamix? If it's a question of money and you are going to be getting a whole bunch of it (you lucky duck!smiling smiley) then why not just pay the extra price and get that extra warranty time, as well?

Date: March 10, 2011 02:56AM

extra warranty time? its the same I thought, 7 years right? my warranty for this is 7 years... I dont think that amazon review is correct unless it was not the container, its like $59 for the normal 2 qt one, if they said $200 they where lying or somebody was trying to screw with them... the 3 qt is only $99... and I have never heard of either vitamix of blendtec screwing people over on their warranties... on reason why I dont trust amazon reviews on items like these, is the competition is so fierce, there are obviously a lot of fake reviews, good and bad... on amazon you do not have to have purchased the item from them to review it... a vitamix is more expensive, I dont see enough of a difference for it to matter, (I payed $407 after tax and ive got a 7 year warranty with it) and blendtec just won a giant lawsuit against vitamix...so im not entirely confident in Vitamix as a company potentially staying around and honoring their warranties...

that being said, ive seen no discernible difference in quality and longevity from what ive read online, from most sources, so in the end I chose the one on a super sale... im not getting a TON of money btw, only around 1k... they are giving me some back pay, but only for a lil over one month...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 10, 2011 03:21AM

There are always a couple bad eggs for any product in reviews. I wouldn't let that review sway my purchase. Check the reviews at several different sites to get a feeling for the product overall.

I like epinions & amazon reviews. I don't put a lot of faith in reviews at the actual product website, as they would obviously be biased...

Curator, if you can get a hold of one of those kill-a-watt gadgets - it would be interesting to know the max amp. draw when the blender has a full load in it.

Date: March 10, 2011 06:41AM

I cant get ahold of one, but I went ahead and bought the juicer, since I can return it easily if I have any issues with it, (to the store)

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 06:24PM

Um...Don't wanna piss in yer cornflakes but this morning I watched the latest rawfoodworld video and they were selling Blendtecs for $100 off. I don't know model or anything, though.

Date: March 11, 2011 06:46PM

its not, I got like $170 off... lol... mine was only $380 be4 tax with the 7 year warranty...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 06:56PM

Curator eats blended cornflakes?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:05PM

hahahahaha, no, I donttongue sticking out smiley but if I did, they totally did not just get pissed in,lol...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:11PM

Hey, what was the retail price of that blender (yeah, I could just add the amount, I guess) and where did you get it? Was there free shipping?

Date: March 11, 2011 07:12PM

it was at a special demo at sams club, so no shipping, just had to pick it up!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: April 13, 2011 03:20AM

Congratulations my friend. You know own the greatest blender of them all, bar none! Enjoy!!!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 13, 2011 03:37AM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations my friend. You know own the
> greatest blender of them all, bar none! Enjoy!!!
Hey, wait a minute...'greatest' is a matter of opinion. I think I have the greatest in the Vita-Prep 3. But if you feel Blendtec is the greatest, so be it.....WY

Date: April 13, 2011 05:10AM

lol, im sure they are both awesome, buuuut mine was an awesome deal, AND it makes some pretty smooth hummus, after adding a bit more oil to it, it actually became the smoothest ive ever had, was chunkier be4... unfortunately, I think I preferred it less smooth, im a big texture person, picked up some more garbanzos today though, thy shall be put in the hummus shortly, in fork mashed chunks... mmmm, love hummus!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: April 13, 2011 02:50PM

That is my concern--stuff being TOO smooth. And does your BT rock and roll? I saw a demo and it shook like crazy.

Date: April 13, 2011 08:02PM

Rock and roll? no, ive not noticed it moving anymore than this cheap blender I got, it does vibrate more though, to keep things from getting to smooth though, one only has to not blend it as much...hehehe... being extra smooth has been great with smoothies, they are more enjoyable, but it DOES make it more difficult to "chew" the smoothie... or at least to remember to do so... ive started using chewing gum for awhile be4 I eat... I have to say though when it comes to hummus, I think I prefer using my Omega 8004, it comes out the perfect consistency for my personal taste, consistency is a huge thing for me... I cannot eat something if the consistency is off...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables