Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food Processor Question
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2011 07:13PM

So, I received my new blender AND my new food processor today via Amazon. The good news is the food processor looks great! The bad news is the blender is shattered into a million pieces. I'm about to go on a trip tomorrow and planned on taking both with me...Can a food processor "blend" for the time being the same as a blender? In other words if I want to make a smoothie will the food processor do the trick? Thanks!

Re: Food Processor Question
Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: March 17, 2011 10:02PM

Which food processor did you get? Sure you can make a "smoothie" with a food prep, the resulting blend just will not be as smooth/fine if it were done via blender. It really depends on which blender/food prep you got though. I blended smoothies for a year using an immersion blender with a food prep attachment. It comes down to personal preference pretty much on how fine you want the smoothie to be.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 19, 2011 07:58PM

Uh...I don't recommend it, especially if you have my Hamilton Beach type of blender that is very powerful, even on low speed. My blender is also cashed in and I wanted a mango shake so I used the S blade and it totally flung smoothie on the walls. Oy vey...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 20, 2011 11:22AM

put the top on the food processor *bats eyelashes* hehehehe <3

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 20, 2011 05:58PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> put the top on the food processor *bats eyelashes*
> hehehehe <3

LOL! Well, that chute I did leave open but even after I put the tamper in, it didn't really blend as much as cause everything to flail around. I just decided then and there that I would wait to buy a blender...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:44AM

thats strange... hmmm... yeah, this blender I got has worked really awesome, my mom is actually eating a little bit more nutritious stuff right now cause of it, even though its only a tiny bit more, id say its been worth it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables