Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hurom slow juicer performance videos.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2011 12:43PM

These are pretty interesting. Compared to the greenstar's newest version I'd pick the Hurom despite slightly lower yield. A couple more sips of juice are not worth all the extra time, all the fussy cleaning and assembly. I used to have a greenstar and I remember it being such a pain in the bum to clean, I have a single auger omega now that's a breeze to rinse out but the Hurom is SO FAST! Wow. And it seems to do everything, soft fruits, hard veg, wheatgrass, frozen banana ice cream, almond milk (no kidding!). I don't think it presses oil which is something I was interested in but can live without for all those other benefits.

Is there anything I'm missing or not aware of? I think I'll put this juicer on the wishlist for this year if it's as good as it seems. Thanks guys!

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hurom slow juicer performance videos.
Date: March 24, 2011 01:02PM

But then I read this review and it is basically the exact same juicer as the omega vert but with a shorter warranty and possibly harder to replace parts.

[www.discountjuicers.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 24, 2011 04:12PM

Coco,

I have an Omega VERT as well as a Greenpower Kempo twin gear (smaller version of the the Greenstar). And I do most of my juicing in the VERT for the reasons you state. You say you have an Omega single auger, is it a VERT? If so, no need for the Hurom as the VERT is just as fast and easy to clean. My Greenpower also has a slightly higher yield than the VERT but not much, comparable to the video. Overall, a VERT or Hurom is easier to use, clean and is less expensive, and the VERT has a longer warranty (know you aren't big on warranties, or am I thinking of Jodi?). If I could only buy one, it'd be the VRT.

Paul

Date: March 24, 2011 04:21PM

It's Jodi that isn't big on warranties though I am ambivalent. My omega is so old that it doesn't have any other name, it's just an omega. And it needs replacing this year so that's why I'm looking. I want to make frozen fruit icecream and nut butter though so maybe I will reserve the machine I have just for that sort of thing. I don't know, so many appliances to store and clean. sigh.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 24, 2011 04:28PM

just for juicing, I'd go Omega VRT HD. I upgraded recently from my old VRT (see URL for parts on the other thread). On Hurom, ambivalence aside, they have 10 years on the motor and 1 year on the whole machine whereas the VRT has 10 years on the whole machine, auger, bowl, everything. Folks are good about responding emails & customer service also. Best, Coco.

Paul

Date: March 24, 2011 05:46PM

Thanks for the advice. It looks a good sort of juicer all around, one the kids can help with too (they LOVE helping to make juice).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables