Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

K and K juicer
Posted by: copez ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:18AM

Has anyone ever heard of or have any experience with the K and K juicer?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K and K juicer
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:52AM

It would get old real fast. It's a manual Press Juicer, as opposed to the Norwalk's motor Press.
I've never used one, but I have the Norwalk.
My advice would be to stay away from it.....WY

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 26, 2011 01:35AM

basically, the same thing as a Welles Press. Go here and search on Welles Press. I think you will find at $400 too expensive compared to the alternatives. Plus you may have to break up some produce before putting it into the Welles Press. Agree with Yogi.

Paul

Posted by: copez ()
Date: March 26, 2011 05:40PM

Thank you Yogi, but I was referring to the K and K shredder juicer,it appears to be similar to the Norwalk with a one horsepower motor,60 cycles; and 1750 rpm.Do you know anything about it? Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 27, 2011 02:22AM

Copez,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not even realize there was a K&K Shredder unit to accompany the juicer. The only site I could find that even sells it is this one.

And there is no price. Apparently the design is very old, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. So, is the Norwalk which this appears to be based on. When you find out the price, you may want to take a look at this video and compare. Again, I think the Welles Press and the K&K press are basically the same. Good luck to you.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 02:26AM by pborst.

Posted by: raptelan ()
Date: February 12, 2015 04:57PM

I have been using a Welles Press for a few years in conjunction with a a manual single auger juicer primarily intended for wheatgrass. A year ago I got an Omega 8004 which has pretty much replaced the use of the manual auger (lately I use it with the blank plate and use the Welles Press for all juice extraction).

I am about to purchase a Norwalk 275 (because I think it's the best model they made, better than the newer 280). My reasoning for this is to get the best quality juice in a more straightforward manner. Doing it manually isn't just a matter of more work - the increased time means the juice is sitting there oxidizing for longer before I can drink it, especially as my wife and I tend to make about a gallon each time we juice. Been juicing long enough to know I'm serious enough about it to justify the price tag, and while the 8004 is not a bad juicer it's not so great on it's own (doesn't extract as much and leaves pulp in the juice), and is made entirely of plastics which I'm not a fan of. I believe the Norwalk 275 to be the best juice-creating device money can buy.

Anyways, In regard to the K&K shredder/press combination, I present the Norwalk 150, from way back in the day:

Just in case anybody thought that people were getting clever and creating a cheaper way to make Norwalk-quality juice - in fact they are just copying Norwalk's original designs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 05:05PM by raptelan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables