Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tip for Champion users
Posted by: jeffp6155 ()
Date: September 20, 2006 03:50PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned or realized before, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway. You know the pulp ejector sort of spits out pulp all over the kitchen unless you place a plastic bowl to catch most of it? Well I read somewhere that you can take a little plastic bag from the grocery store and tie it to the pulp ejector with a rubber band to collect the pulp? Well, that's a little cumbersome and you have to play with the bag and the rubber band to get it right, but what works much better than the rubber band trick is this: go to a bicycle store and buy a $2 velcro strap that's designed to protect your pants from getting stuck in the bicycle chain. Use that instead of the rubber band. Simple, fast and tight with the plastic bag. Problem solved. Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tip for Champion users
Posted by: mimi ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:10AM

So how does the velcro stick to the bag itself. I was one of those who got tired of cleaning bowls so I use a grocery, plastic bag but use a strip of masking tape to hold it each time.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:16AM

i think the velcro just gets wrapped tightly around the "exit" chute, and then it sticks to itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2006 06:16AM by wbs.

Posted by: jeffp6155 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 09:43PM

what he said

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 29, 2006 04:44PM

Strange, isn't it, that such an expensive top-of-the-line machine has such a crude, unsatisfactory pulp ejection mechanism that one has to fiddle & fool with to come up with a solution.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 29, 2006 06:20PM

I've not had any problems with the pulp ejection system on my champion juicer. This is probably preference rather than a defect, although maybe earlier champions had a different nozzle size or something.

Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables