Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Saw blenders at Wal-Mart yesterday
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:29PM

I don't know the wattage of my former blender (Hamilton Beach). It was a standard type, glass jar, but it worked okay. I only paid about $35-40 so I can't complain about occasionally lumps in smoothies. It made nut mylk fine although I would never use it to grind anything. I think the only thing that happened was I forgot to add this rubber piece that went along the bottom and something burned offsad smiley It probably could have been fixed had I known exactly what was damaged. So now I am looking for a new blender. I'd love to get a Vitamix of course. I am gonna be getting money from a student loan and am tempted to just go and get the Vitamix but there's a part of me that says I could get a decent blender for $100 and just wait on the Vitamix. I need to buy other things, too, and don't want to blow all the money as soon as I get it!

Does anyone know anything about Better Homes and Gardens blenders? They aren't listed yet on Amazon. I looked at one at Walmart and they are between 500-750 watts, glass jar, and $100. The body looked fairly substantial compared to lots of blenders these days. They also had a new Ninja. I have heard mixed things about that one. Curious if anyone has any word on these blenders...

Re: Saw blenders at Wal-Mart yesterday
Date: March 29, 2011 05:06PM

[www.walmart.com]

I think I answered my own question. Doesn't look like a good idea...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:34PM

BW, don't know if you saw my last response on this thread that you started. If not, I'd go Kitchen Aid if you have to have a budget blender. O/w, I agree. I'd wait for the Vitamix. Pass on the Omega 2100. You may have better luck with a Kitchenaid or waiting for the VM. I have an Oster in my office that has served me well in a budget blender capacity while I blend with my Blendtec at home.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 06:39PM by pborst.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:06PM

pretty much agree with what paul said,lol

Date: March 30, 2011 06:55PM

Thanks, Paul!smiling smiley Like this? [www.amazon.com]

It gets confusing when you read the negative reviews but some of them are very telling (and funny). Like the guy who complained about the blender breaking but it turns out he put it in the dishwasher!

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 31, 2011 01:38AM

yeah, you will get negative reviews on Amazon. Does pay to check them though. And there is kind of a "you get what you pay for" theme. But, both Blendtec and Vitamix have performance and quality issues. If it's a machine, it can break. All the same, knowing which budget blender is the best from a number of perspectives. Best.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables