Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do you clean your blender Container?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 11, 2011 11:59PM

I was getting a little desperate because my old brush was wearing out, and I had no prospect of a replacement. That is until I found OXO. If you're looking for a good brush for your blender Container, I'm sure you'll like this one as much as I do. No need to use soap...just warm water, and a few passes with the brush. Towel dry...and replace the Container for next time.....WY

[www.oxo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you clean your blender Container?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2011 12:30AM

I just rinse it out as soon as I'm finished blending and pouring, usually comes clean straight away. If needed I put a bit of warm water and a drop or two of dish soap in it and run it on high for a minute, that takes care of everything.

Date: April 12, 2011 02:05AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just rinse it out as soon as I'm finished
> blending and pouring, usually comes clean straight
> away.
That's not enough for me. When I'm blending Flax Seeds, it puts an oil in the mix that clings to the container. I need the Brush, as well as a good Rinse.....WY
P.S. It would be interesting to hear from a few others. I bet more do it like you Coco, than like I.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 12, 2011 02:37AM

I do it like coco, but ive yet to blend flax seeds, I did make some hummus...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2011 11:42AM

Hm, yes you'd need a brush or something with flax. Of you could try a little hot water with some salt and vinegar added in. I hope that wouldn't damage the inside of the pitcher though...

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: April 12, 2011 02:21PM

I also just rinse right away. I add peanut butter every now and then and that doesn't rinse completely out..I just put dishsoap in and hot water and let it soak and leave it until I feel like dealing with it. By the time I go back to it, it rinses clean except for the occasional smudge on the side which I just use a papertowel for..then rerinse.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 14, 2011 04:07AM

I can't get rid of that white smudge on the side.I think that maybe it is coconut oil that I use in some recipes. Even with papertowel doesn't go away.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 14, 2011 04:09AM

Date: April 14, 2011 03:50PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.youtube.com]
> DAV-zoFl0

I can't believe anyone would let their Juicer get so Nasty. Wait a minute!!...JJ is always saying how easy it is to clean the GreenStar. Do you suppose this could be his juicer? Naw...that would be too much of a long-shot. But I bet you a dollar-to-a-donut his GreenStar Elite looks just as Cruddy...to match his Rudeness.
Just kidding JJ...all in good fun.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables