Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Literally LOL over here...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 12, 2011 10:54PM

Reading all the responses to a negative review on the Vitamix 5200 on Amazon--pure comic gold!

[www.amazon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Literally LOL over here...
Date: April 12, 2011 11:49PM

Edit: COMEDIC.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 13, 2011 03:10AM

I wonder if "Excitable Boy" understands the Warren Zevon reference. If so, I doubt "he" would pick that moniker.

Date: April 13, 2011 02:56PM

I didn't know it either!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:08PM

there are some strange people out there, he may have chosen the moniker with full understanding of the reference,lol... ive seen stranger...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: April 13, 2011 10:47PM

yeah, "look at me, look at me". Like the Tao Te Ching says, people love to be sidetracked. But then, Curator, you own a Blendtec, the greatest blender in the world, second to none, and having fun!! winking smiley

Yeah BW, it's rocks and rolls. But it is stable. It's a work machine! Get's the job done. I was going to buy the Vitamix Pro 500. But truth be told, I'm a Blendtec guy forever more. Since the new top, thing works like a dream. Greater capacity carafe 3 Quart vs. 2 (sorry Yogi), easier to clean. And now Vitamix got busted for patent violation cause they know that the square design rules the circular. And the judge just doubled the penalty from $11 million to $22 million. [www.deseretnews.com]

So why when do I go into a Ben and Jerry's or a Baskin Robins (sorbet is vegan) do I see Blentec, Blendtec, Blendtec. Not a Vitamix in sight. Because when you are running a business, you need to clean quickly and get the unit back ready to blend. Here's where the Blendtec beat the bejeezus out of the Vitamix. Square provides greater volume relative to round. And with the a larger carafe, the Blendtec can accomodate 3 quarts vs. 2 for a Vitamix. It's why Vitamix got busted for the patent infringement. Because their design is harder to clean and doesn't hold as much.

Maybe I will pocket the $600 I need for the Vitamix Pro 500 and take a trip instead. Birthday's next week, could use one.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 10:47PM by pborst.

Date: April 14, 2011 02:00AM

hmmm, rocks and rolls? that term again, I guess I should ask what one means by that? it doesnt seem to move much more than my old cheapy blender did, then again the weird thing is my mos recent cheap blender sounds louder than my blendtec... maybe there was something wrong with it?lol... its really weird...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: April 14, 2011 03:16AM

put some nutmylk in there with a little flaxmeal and some frozen berries and crank her up to speed 10. She'll rock! Just a little. That's ok. When it's done you won't find a piece of berry. But you know what, if you wanted to, that's what the lower speeds are for. I assume the same is true for the Vitamix. As I said before, it's Honda and Toyota. Both are good blenders, the Blendtec in my view though is just the best. You may disagree. Chacun a son gout .... to each their own.

Paul

Date: April 14, 2011 03:47AM

Date: April 14, 2011 06:37AM

ah, hmmm, Ive not mixed up quite a mix like that, I was just curious what the difference in definitions between what one perceives as it rockin, when I think of rocking, I think of like it actually needing to be held in place, like it will actually move around or "rock" like part of it actually coming off the table... so I was just wondering if what we where thinking of as "rocking" was the same... personally I love this blender...

With what ive done with mine so far, it has not moved around a lot or rocked, by my definition, just vibrated a lot, but I do blend on top of a cushy Rubber-ish mat, so that might be giving my blender a bit more to grip, and be absorbing some of the the vibrations.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables