Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

brush to clean GreenStar?
Posted by: Brit1 ()
Date: May 04, 2011 01:35AM

Well once again the Tribest brush to clean my GS juicer is of no use as the little brush on the end has worn out already. I cannot afford to keep buying new ones from them. Any other ideas to clean GS juicer with? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: brush to clean GreenStar?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 04, 2011 02:26AM

Brit1 Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------e--
> ...... I cannot afford to keep
> buying new ones from them.
I'd keep buying new brushes from Tribest....
designed to clean the GreenStar.
How expensive could they be, anyway?.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2011 02:40AM

Use an old toothbrush or a vegetable brush or a bottle brush etc etc etc. Surely the dollar store has something that would work.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 04, 2011 09:47PM

i use a commonly found brush which is shaped like a small bagel or donut.

sit is round and has a handle which makes it look like a "donut on astick" .squeeze it a little bit so that it is oval shaped and it fits into the inside of the screen and scrubs the outside very well too.

these kinds of bushes are called veggie brushes and are commonly found in supermarkets, welmarts, and harware stores. easy to find.

also Tribest sells a great big brush which is pretty good too. i think it may be in their recent catalogues. i have had mine for a few months now and it works quite well.

jj

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:26PM

I bought this once..

[www.vitalityplus1.com]

Only stopped using it because I had a puppy and he chewed it.

Never got around to ordering a new one or a replacement green star brush..so I just used a tooth brush and some scrub brush thing I found at an appliance store.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:32PM

> I'd keep buying new brushes from Tribest....
> designed to clean the GreenStar.
> How expensive could they be, anyway?.....WY

Nah, they don't last long at all. The bristles are kind of weak. The screen is what ruins the brush because you have to scrub so hard.

The GreenStar brush is good for the big parts since it fits perfectly in the casing/twin gear piece. If you have one or get another one, I'd just use it for those parts.

If you go to a dollar store or just the cheapest tooth brush rack at Walmart, find a "firm" tooth brush. They work great on the twin gears and screen and even the pulp piece. You need the kind where all bristles are the same length though.

You can tell I haven't used mine in so long..I forgot the technical terms for the parts. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 02:34PM by BackAgain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables