Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone know how to get around the Vitamix sales tax?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 11, 2011 04:28PM

So I was just about to order a refurbished VM and went to checkout, put in the info and all of a sudden it was about $414! What's up with that? I even used a promo code for free shipping. This is very irksome--it's $35 more than I wanted to pay. That $400 threshold is a biggie for me. Any ideas?

Re: Does anyone know how to get around the Vitamix sales tax?
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 11, 2011 06:24PM

as long as you are from outta state you should not be charged sales tax.

you could have it shipped to an out of state address, have someone from out of state purchase it for you and then pay a small shipping fee to reship it to you.

i think you ge the basic idea which is sales tax only applies to same state purchase.

jj

Date: May 11, 2011 07:25PM

juicin' john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as long as you are from outta state you should not
> be charged sales tax.
>
> you could have it shipped to an out of state
> address, have someone from out of state purchase
> it for you and then pay a small shipping fee to
> reship it to you.
>
> i think you ge the basic idea which is sales tax
> only applies to same state purchase.
>
> jj

John, that's what I thought!!!! Vitamix is in Ohio, no? I am in IL. WTF?! My lovely governor just enacted an Internet sales tax todayeye rolling smiley rather than up the taxes of those making over 150K. But I think that is only applicable for items that could also be purchased in a brick and mortar in IL.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: May 12, 2011 03:22PM

Ebay.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2011 03:26PM

Call then, I ordered mine over the phone winking smiley.

Date: May 12, 2011 03:42PM

Nope, Coco, I did that and she said it was state tax for all of us. Maybe cuz you're in Canada? I am gonna put off this purchase. It's just too much for a blender right now.

Date: May 12, 2011 03:58PM

LOL- I just registered on Ebay and placed a bid on a 5200!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:27PM

Awesome! Do you know the trick for bidding on EBAY? It's to not bid until the last possible moment, more bids drives the price up. Of course lots of people know this so in the last couple of minutes or even seconds the price can vary an incredible amount. You have to refresh the page over and over again to make sure you haven't been out bid. Good luck!

I ordered it in Michigan, no idea actually what I paid in taxes, only that it was a good deal all told.

Date: May 12, 2011 04:40PM

LOL- I bid $200 out of the gate. I have never done this before. But apparently Ebay keeps it at $1 for you if you're first so you may not have to pay as much. I don't have Internet at home so I cannot keep an eye on it constantly. And there are over 2 days to go. That's why I bid so high--to get a leg up on the competition. Don't know if that is the right strategy but honestly, I am not looking to get a new VM for $80; I just don't wanna pay $414 for a USED ONE!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables