Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

SOY MILK
Posted by: Casy ()
Date: September 24, 2006 05:30PM

Whats the deal, sooo many opinions on soy milk; health wise. What are your takes on it.... good for health or not....I think people belittle soy milk to raise sales of cows milk, which is terrible for humans..... Humans drinking cows milk is like a dog drinking the milk of a cat or another animal....It's terrible how America promotes milk as a weight loss tool, what a JOKE. Milk has growth hormones and other crap in it; It's all about the $$$ to them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SOY MILK
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 24, 2006 06:56PM

Soy milk is not raw.

Ian.

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: September 24, 2006 10:41PM

As well as soy milk not being raw, it contains plant phytoestrogens and most soy, especially in the USA is GM.

[www.judycole.co.uk]

This article is enough to make any sceptic run for their nut milk maker.
Almond milk is a wonderful, alkalizing and protein rich milk.

If you eat cooked food such as soya products, they should always be from fermented soyand eaten in small quantities. Soya milk is not fermented.
Try almond, hemp or other nut/seed milks. They are far more nutritious, comparable in cost, have no cardboard packaging and takes minutes to make.
I soak my almonds and put my milk maker on a timer so that I have fresh almond milk ready on waking to make my kids milkshake for breakfast. YUM
Regs
Anna

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 24, 2006 05:21PM

What is a "nut milk maker"? Is it just a soy milk maker, eg, Soyapower, Soyquick, etc. being used for nuts instead of soybeans? Or is there a dedicated nut milk maker available? You know, without the heating element.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: November 09, 2006 05:37PM

In the UK you can get a nut milk maker which is exactly the same piece of equipment as the Soy Milk maker without the heating element, made by Yaoh (and available from our website).

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 09, 2006 09:34PM

Thanks kindly for the information, Funky Rob.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables