Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Heads up on glass smoothie containerssmiling smiley
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 16, 2011 12:03AM

Today I was at Marshall's and it blew me away how many nice kitchen items they had! I got a huge Pyrex measuring cup (32 oz.) for under $7 and what's great is that it's not too high so it will fit nicely under my juicersmiling smiley I also got a couple of shaker containers made of GLASS and they have snap-on lids (4-sided) so that they should be pretty leakproof. The glass is nice and thick; I wonder if it would work with hot liquids? But in any case, I have toted it to my destination here. I think I may get a couple of glass straws to accompany it. The brand is Glasslock, by the way. I see that Amazon has them, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Heads up on glass smoothie containerssmiling smiley
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: May 16, 2011 12:41AM

You fooled me. I thought you were going to recommend some good glass blender carafes.

I love Pyrex. Good, useful products and still made in the US.

Date: May 16, 2011 12:55AM

Okay...I agree...But I have never seen a Pyrex glass smoothie container so I am wondering why you said that.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 16, 2011 01:01AM

veghunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love Pyrex. Good, useful products and still
> made in the US.
Pyrex is top quality. I have several of their measuring cups, and just recently bought a Pyrex Funnel....didn't even know they made them until a couple of weeks ago...it's good thick glass......WY

Date: May 16, 2011 01:25AM

I feel like I am in a movie or something. I buy Pyrex, love their stuff, but what does that have to do with the price of eggs? Not trying to be rude, but have you ever seen a Pyrex smoothie container? I went on their site and didn't. I was very disappointed because I think making glasses with lids would be a no-brainer. One of the things about Pyrex, though, is that the plastic lids would stretch eventually and sometimes leak. This brand has snaps and silicone to keep things sealed. I also believe that the lid is BPA free, and I don't know about my Pyrex ones, which I bought several years ago. I don't know where this company makes it's stuff, but I do know that it is fulfilling a need I had. Cheerssmiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:04AM

I have some glass tupperware with snap lids like that, a smoothie or drink container would be easy and convenient. If they put one of those silicon sleeves on it to prevent breaking it would be even better.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: May 16, 2011 08:59PM

Bananawho, I thought from the title of the thread you were going to say you found some glass smoothie blenders since you've been posting about blenders for ages. Instead, you talk about finding Pyrex measuring cups in the opening sentence and wonder why people are commenting on Pyrex.

Date: May 16, 2011 09:20PM

Oh, I see what's going on here.

Pyrex is a brand but the name is often used interchangeably with the sort of glass those types of products are made with. It's borosilicate, or hard glass (I know, all glass is hard but some glass like that used for beads and art is actually classified as soft). Sometimes people say "pyrex" to mean glass kitchen items of any sort, not just those made by the Pyrex company. Sort of like how it's all "kleenex", even if Kleenex didn't make that brand of tissues.

Date: May 16, 2011 10:00PM

I mentioned getting good stuff at Marshall's like my new 32 oz. Pyrex measuring cup. In the OP, look at the second to last sentencewinking smiley The company is called Glasslock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 10:11PM by banana who.

Date: May 16, 2011 10:02PM

Coco, my first impulse was to grab 2 of them, LOL. Afterwards I thought to myself: you know, you could just continue to use mason jars...These are more "proper," though. I am always paranoid when I sip from mason jars that people will think I'm drinking my own moonshine when it's really coconut water!

Date: May 16, 2011 10:18PM

LOL, they make a mason jar with a handle so I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one using them for drinking vessels!

Date: May 16, 2011 10:34PM

There is one of those pretentious restaurants in Chicago that serves stuff from mason jars. I was just reading about this and thought it was hilarious.

Posted by: texasnewf ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:38PM

I work afternoons in a tech support role and we're not allowed to leave for dinner so I take 3-4 16oz (pint) jars of juice with me into work. I usually freeze a couple of them so they last longer and since it's 110F here in Texas now.. nice and cold is a real treat.. as for me.. I like mason jars, they keep juice and smoothies fresh longer.

Date: August 04, 2011 08:24PM

I got my quart jar right here with me. When I bring young coconut water to the computer lab at this university, I often wonder if people think I'm drinking moonshine!

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:32PM

BW,

Quit drinkin that moonshine. Start drinkin coconut water. More healthy! ;P

Kref

Date: August 04, 2011 10:41PM

Krefcenz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BW,
>
> Quit drinkin that moonshine. Start drinkin
> coconut water. More healthy! ;P
>
> Kref

Maybe if I make coconut water kefir it'll be similar to moonshine! LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables