Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My New Blender
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 18, 2011 11:22PM

[www.google.com]#

I will update soon after using it for the first time (possibly tonight!). I bought it because it has a glass carafe PLUS a smaller BPA-free poly one for sauces and stuff. It's .9 horsepower. I paid $108 with tax. It retails up to $149 but it was on sale. Actually, I bought the floor model because there were none left!smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My New Blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 19, 2011 12:01AM

BW....The Angels are singing in Heaven. How long have you been agonizing with this decision? I was hoping you'd settle on a Vitamix, but the KA you got seems to suit you.
Keep us informed. I'd be interested in how it makes Green Smoothies.....WY

Date: May 19, 2011 12:07AM

Thanks. WY. LOL- yeah, it was quite an obsession. In the end, when I found out that a used VM would still cost over $400, I just could not justify it at this time. I had other expenses. I will see how this goes and if I still feel something is lacking, I think I may actually go for the Blendtec! Never thought I'd say this but when I really thought about it, that video w/ Matt Monarch was pretty impressive. The VM showed oxidation. You can see a much brighter green smoothie in the BT.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 19, 2011 01:41PM

BW, congratulations on your purchase! Let us know how it goes. btw, my VM Pro 500 from Horchow should be coming today. I will do a full review with my Blendtec HP3A and report back shortly.

Paul

Date: May 19, 2011 02:36PM

*Update: I'm taking it backsad smiley LOL- I couldn't wait to make a frozen strawberry smoothie last night. The thing is very LOUD but there were lumps in it. My cheapo Hamilton Beach was only about $33, not as loud and just as good at blending (maybe better). I am going with an Oster. Can't wait to read your review with the VM and BT (I take it you will compare the two?). If (or probably when) I get a highspeed blender, I will buy an enclosure. I just don't think that is good for your ears...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 19, 2011 07:03PM

Bummer, I was so hoping this would work for you.

My VM is not very loud at all, not even as loud as our last $100 blender!
I think it's worth the money, friends who just got one feel the same. Nothing beats it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables