Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ninja 1100
Posted by: angelpie ()
Date: June 17, 2011 02:53AM

I recently got a Ninja 100 kitchen system. 159 bucks and worth every penny. The only downside is that the blades are so sharp and massive, it's dangerous to leave in the dishwater. You really have to be proactive about keeping them out of the reach of children or unsuspecting family members. I make raw soups, smoothies, frozen concoctions, everything. Look it up, I think that this is the best investment at this price. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ninja 1100
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 17, 2011 03:06PM

Angel,

Could you tell us more about the quality of the raw soups, smoothies and recipies you make with the Ninja? I'd be interested in knowing what the consistency of the smoothy is at that price. Is it homogenous or are there chunks or pieces here and there? I agree that the price is very reasonable. And they are selling the 1100 at my local BJs (like a Costco or Sam's club). And while I am set up at home, might buy one for my office. I have heard bad things about Magic Bullet and wanted to see if you could give us some more details about the quality of the raw soups, smoothies, etc.

Paul

Date: June 18, 2011 01:42AM

I really love the consistency. You have to remove the locking lid and re-mix the contents sometimes but overall it's pretty smooth. It's nothing like a magic bullet. There are two containers... a large pitcher and then a bowl. There are two seperate blades and two seperate lids that lock down before the motor will operate. If you stick the wrong lid on, the blender won't run. The blades are huge and very sharp and run all the way up the middle. I make my raw soups out of tomatoes, carrots, celery, peppers, and other hard vegetables and herbs from the garden. My smoothies are awesome and take very little time, are very smooth, and it's much quieter than other blenders I have had. I had never even heard of the Ninja 1100, but my sister got one and was very excited and told me about it. The very next day my blender "died" so I decided to try this one out since I didn't have an extra 500 bucks sitting around. I think for the price it's the best blender I have ever had. When you visit your bj's or other place look it over carefully. My sister got hers at Bed Bath and Beyond and used one of their famous coupons so she got it for quite a bit less. I hope this helps. Smooth smoothies smiling smiley
Melissa Halsted

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 18, 2011 03:28PM

What about the blades? The Ninjas I have seen had plastic ones.

Date: June 22, 2011 02:15AM

They do have plastic attachments for their dough hooks and beaters but the BLADES are huge and very sharp metal. I would recommend extreme caution. There are 2 blades... one for the bowl and one for the pitcher, not interchangeable. Hope this helps smiling smiley
Melissa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables