Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Review of my Vitamix Pro 500 vs. Blendtec HP3A
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 22, 2011 09:13PM

one of the ironies of the shutdown of this board is that it occurred right before I received my Vitamix Pro 500 from Horchow. The Vitamix has displaced my Blendtec HP3A as my primary blender. At over $200 more, the Vitamix is definitely a better blender, but is it a better value? Is it worth the extra money?

Yes! The Vitamix produces a better smoothie, blended salad and soup than I can get with the Blendtec. Blendtec is still less expensive, easier to store and clean but that's it. The Vitamix Pro 500 unlike other Vitamix Models, comes with a pulse button. But unlike the Blendtec, you can preselect the variable speed with the pulse, slow or fast - the ultimate in versatility.

Like all Vitamix's the Pro 500 has a better warranty and is quieter. The Blendtec 96 ounce carafe has greater capacity and is easier to clean. It is doubtful however if the more powerful motor plays any meaningful role in blender performance. In blender performance for whatever, the Vitamix toasts the Blendtec. I'm going to keep my Blendtec as a back up and dry mill grinding blender. But day to day is Vitamix. I'm sold.

Paul

p.s. if anyone has Henry's (WY) email, please send him an email to let him know we are back up. It isn't the same forum without him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 09:23PM by pborst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Review of my Vitamix Pro 500 vs. Blendtec HP3A
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 18, 2011 02:55PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> p.s. if anyone has Henry's (WY) email, please send
> him an email to let him know we are back up. It
> isn't the same forum without him.
Paul...what a nice thing to say.
I enjoyed your review. It sounds as if the Vita-Mix Pro 500 was made just for you......WY

Re: Review of my Vitamix Pro 500 vs. Blendtec HP3A
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 19, 2011 01:48PM

It's great to see you back. Hopefully, things are going well for you. Are you still doing your liquid diet?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables