Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Interesting discovery about my VMsmiling smiley
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:58PM

(Please indulge me for a bit. I have a nice toywinking smiley

So today I made a green smoothie. In the future I won't be using soymilk but right now it's what I wanted for a more creamy, full-bodied texture. I used frozen strawberries and frozen mango. I put in a big handful of organic spinachsmiling smiley A wee touch of raw agave. I put it in my glass to-go glass (with glass strawsmiling smiley) and took off but didn't drink the thing until now. So the whole thing was melted...

Guess what? The smoothie was still delishsmiling smiley It was perfectly blended, not congealed like with my lower-powered blender and I still thoroughly enjoyed it! So I am keeping this thing! smiling smiley

(I also made a gazpacho-type of savory smoothie last night as a blended salad and it was yummy, too!smiling smiley)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting discovery about my VMsmiling smiley
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 30, 2011 04:34PM

excellent! if you don't use soymilk routinely, you can substitute nutmilk or seedmilk (hemp milk).

Paul

Date: July 01, 2011 06:45PM

Another discovery: I noticed today at the coffee bar that they use what looks to be a VM as their smoothie machine. I thought the BT was the one in every Charbuck's etc.? (this wasn't that cafe chain, though).

Another revelation? I have always heard that VMs are so ugly. I beg to differ. They remind me of Volvos!

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 01, 2011 08:26PM

so you never did tell us, is it a 5200??? that is do you have the variable speed dial? OR is it a 4500 which just has hi lo and on off?

And also were you thinking of a Volvo 240 (ducking) or the C30??? winking smiley

Paul

Date: July 02, 2011 09:31PM

I have the 5200. After the tax (which you just can't get around, I discovered), a reconditioned one is (at least in IL) about $414. And don't ask me about models of cars--I don't drive and never had a license.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables