Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juicing with a blender and strainer?
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:08PM

Has anyone tried making juice from a blender and then straining through a nutbag? Can you drain the pulp dry?

Also, ive just got a simple cheap hand blender. But i want to be blending raw produce obviously.....carrots greens etc. My blender just wont do it. What do i need to blend hard fruit and veg?

Ideally id get a juicer but they're so expensive and living in the UK i wouldnt know where to start....i want the best quality and the driest pulp but theres so much choice and i get lost with it all?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 08:09PM by veganicity.

Re: juicing with a blender and strainer?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:25PM

John Kohler of Discount Juicers had a plethora of youtube videos and comparison charts showing which juicers are best for what. It really depends on what it is you'll be juicing the most.
As far as blending to juice, this is going to require a fairly powerful blender which will run you about the same amount of money as a good juicer. I suppose you could grate carrots and then blend them with water and strain but that seems like an awful lot of work for a glass of juice.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 22, 2011 02:19PM

You might try the "Healthy Juicer" and a good fine mesh strainer.
The juicer is about $50 US.It IS a hand crank gadget,so if you dont mind cranking it,it works as good as any other single auger juicer.
And a strainer,about $10.
This combo is what I use every day to make my green juice.
Vinny

Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: July 23, 2011 02:59PM

Oooh! Thanks Vinny....and Coco for your ideas. Vinny - the thing is im in the Uk? So where would i be able to get one of those juicers you are talking about?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 23, 2011 08:03PM

[www.ukjuicers.com]

very interested in the vertical auger juicer - sounds great.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 23, 2011 09:45PM

I got mine from "Amazon",but I dont know if thats a UK source.
The link posted above looks like a good UK source.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables