Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Acme 5001
Posted by: bpbhoo ()
Date: September 27, 2006 05:25AM

I bought the Acme 5001 centrifugal 4 months ago. I began to have a lot of trouble with it after about 3 months of daily usage. Whenever I tried to push the veggie down with the plastic plunger, the plunger would rattle against the side of the opening. I thought this was because the pulp was unbalanced but when the rattling started from the beginning of the juicing I knew something was wrong. Because I wanted to juice leafy greens, I stopped using the Acme and bought an Omega 8003. (my experience with that one has not been that great either. But better than with the Acme..) Since the Omega does not work well with non-leafy greens I decided to try the Acme again. Just took the Acme to the dealer today and they said that the bottom of the plastic chute was hitting the blade..! I had noticed the bottom was really beaten up but I had not put 2 and 2 together. The dealer said that the reason the blade was hitting the chute was because I was not cleaning the cutter properly and the food was building up on it. He said I should have used a steel brush to clean it. I had been using a nail brush to scrub it after each use. and did not see any buildup on top on the cutting edges. I told him that it was ridiculous to blame the malfunction on that. I told him that I had read the manual and it only instructed one to use a stiff brush.

Has anyone else had problems with the Acme 5001? I will be calling Waring tomorrow to complain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acme 5001
Posted by: bpbhoo ()
Date: September 28, 2006 05:24PM

Well I called Waring--they gave me a local dealer--went to see them and they took the juicer in for repair with no fuss. The place I had taken the juicer in yesterday for repair was actually the place I bought the juicer from.

Also, the local dealer Waring directed me to was selling the Acme 6001--a stainless steel version of our current juicer, for $100 less than the one we got from the other place..

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables