Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone tried out the new Wheatgrass/Greens Champion attachment?
Date: July 26, 2011 06:36PM

Champion started carrying a new Wheatgrass/greens attachment for its juicers this past spring. I understand it retails for approximately $90 and it is to be used only for greens, which means if you want kale (for instance) mixed with other fruits/vegetables you are flipping out (and further, washing) two different attachments or you are just struggling with the current design.

I suspect it may work well as a wheatgrass juicer, but it looks like a lot of parts to clean and a lot of plastic which I generally have bad luck with pieces breaking off after extended use. I like the idea of only having to have one juicer but maybe getting the staniness steel hand juicer really is the way to go.

Does anyone have any insight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone tried out the new Wheatgrass/Greens Champion attachment?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2011 07:28PM

It's folly to think you can find one single juicer that will do a terrific job on everything, the characteristics of fruit, veg and greens are just too different for one machine to proficiently juice all of them. I know it seems like a pain but in my experience a juicer for hard fruits and veg and a separate machine for soft fruits and greens/wheatgrass is the best option. Otherwise you get a juicer that can handle everything but doesn't really do a great job on any of it.

If cost is an issue I have found terrific centrifical force juicers for sale second hand even at thrift stores. It's the other sort that is an investment smiling smiley.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 28, 2011 12:58PM

Champions new Wheatgrass/leafy greens attachment was about 50-years in the coming. If anyone here still uses a Champion Juicer, it would certainly pay you to buy the attachment. However, I wouldn't recommend the Champion if someone is looking for a juicer to buy......WY
P.S. I haven't owned a Champion in years. They're very inefficient....damn easy to clean though.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:21PM

WY:

I have been using Champion Juicers for the past 3-4 years. It seems to suit my needs fine, but it is the only masticating juicer I have ever used. What type of juicer do you recommend?

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:11PM

sunlightoncloudyday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been using Champion Juicers for the past
> 3-4 years.
> What type of juicer do you recommend?
It sounds like you're getting close (emotionally) to your Champion. In your case, I'd suggest you keep your present Juicer, and buy the Greens attachment. If you do, let us know what you think......WY

Posted by: npc3 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 07:37PM

I just purchased the complete kit for Champion Juicing. The juicer, wheat grass attachment and grain mill. The wheat grass juicer works great, it's very fast. The key is to put short little stubs of grass into the juicer and not one 6 inch long grass strand. I clip my entire bundle of grass, then clip it with scissors into little bits (1-2 inch pieces) while feeding it into the juicer. When done, you run your plup through it once more to get even more juice. I watched a guy at Jamba Juice spend 10 minutes running wheat grass through the device they use (commerical quality) and I can say the Champion does it quicker and just as well. I did purchase the commercial version of the Champion Juicer.

I am a novice at juicing, only been two weeks doing it, probably doing plenty wrong,lol. But I can say I love the champion, even the grain mill works quick and easy. Clean up is simple. The plastic is really hard core and I can't see it breaking. However they come with a 10 year warrenty on the juicer and multiple years on attatchments.

Date: August 26, 2011 05:34PM

That is great news! Thanks for sharing your champion wheatgrass experience, as I have been in limbo as to go for it or not.

In addition to wheatgrass, buying the greens attachment is attractive to me because I juice kale every morning and the regular juicer kinda sputters and sometimes heats up a lot while juicing so I suspect it may be killing off some enzymes.

I appreciate the feedback and I will likely 'pull the trigger' and get the greens attachment.

Happy Juicing!

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:46PM

I hate to be the negative voice here, but I love my Champion while not liking the greens attachment. It strikes me as extra messy, awkward, and not particularly effective at extracting juice. If I could do it over again, I'd save the money and put it toward buying a second juicer that's good with greens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables