Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice vs smoothies
Posted by: janeisgreen ()
Date: August 08, 2011 03:08PM

I've been making lots of smoothies in the VitaMix - love them! Is there any reason, other than digestibility, for drinking juice rather than smoothies? I'm happy to have the fibre along with the juice. It's more economical,too, I think.

So many people are juicing that I imagine there must be a reason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice vs smoothies
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: August 08, 2011 04:11PM

janeisgreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So many people are juicing that I imagine there
> must be a reason.
A combination of Juicing and Blending is best. I like juicing in the morning, and a Green Smoothie in the afternoon.
Juice puts the Body quickly into motion (much like the effects of a Coffee Drinker), and Green Smoothies provide nutrition for a longer period of time......WY

Posted by: janeisgreen ()
Date: August 08, 2011 06:14PM

Thanks, WheatgrassYogi!
I don't have a good juicer (except for the manual wheatgrass juicer) & I'm wondering if it's important to get one. I really don't have the money to spend. If that's the only reason, I think it's okay to stick with my morning wg juice, followed by a smoothie a little later.

Date: August 10, 2011 07:28PM

I wonder too, Jane...my live-in g/f is now clamoring for me to get us a juicer, after I'd just gotten us a Vitamix, but I can't really justify the expense so quickly -- I want to get more "settled down" with blending smoothies first (besides, juicing looks like much more of a hassle).

Anyway, to answer your question, my gf claims that juicing has got to be more nutritious simply by virtue of the fact that so much more veggies are needed to make juice -- meaning more nutrients! As well as near-immediate absorption (digestibility, as you called it)....

Me personally, I think so many folks are into juicing 'cause it probably feels better psychologically to think that you're drinking veggie juice instead of eating liquified veggie pulp!

Posted by: Vforce ()
Date: August 15, 2011 10:49AM

Hi, In my case I got the juicer first and now I'm thinking of a blender. I'm thinking that the juicer my have been to hardcore for me to start with,because as I am just learning.The sugars in the juice go strait to the blood.The fiber that is still in the smoothies will slow this down. And you don't juice fruits,mainly leafy greens which can be nasty tasting at times.

Posted by: john ()
Date: August 22, 2011 01:58PM

Juicing vs Blending is the question. My best answer is detailed in the following video:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: cy ()
Date: August 23, 2011 02:22AM

I do both every day.I follow my body and sometimes I do smoothie in the morning
because I feel like it.I am following my body and it is working for me.
I did a mistake drinking too much wheatgrass last week because I was feeling so good,but now I go slow (hope I did learn) and follow my body ( I am learning to do that).
This week I am just doing smoothies in the morning and at night,but next week I'll
start with my juicing again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables