Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

So now my food processor is toast!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 08, 2011 11:34PM

Hamilton Beach cheapo, but highly rated on Amazon. I didn't use it all that often and I think it was just a matter of one part being made of plastic eye rolling smiley
It's that thingie in the middle of the machine; have no idea what it's called but it spins 'round and 'round.

Question: for those with VMs, can I substitute my food processor for my VM? I have been basically making smoothies and sauces. But supposedly it has fuctions for mincing and grating but I haven't watched the DVD. However, I am skeptical that it could do the same sort of job as a food processor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So now my food processor is toast!
Date: September 09, 2011 10:10PM

I should clarify that I looked at the VM manual and they have a recipe for making hash browns but I was skeptical about how it processes veggies. Last thing I want is potato pate, LOL

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 11, 2011 10:07PM

hey hun .. i have never been able to get anything but blenderized with my VM ... i bought another food processor for such things

i am always suspicious of these sales people that tellyou one machine will replace all others .. they rarely do smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 10:08PM by Jgunn.

Date: September 13, 2011 09:31PM

Jodi, did your VM come with a binder and beautiful color pics with a bunch of recipes? That's where they mention the different things you can do but it sure seems doubtful and besides, when I watch raw food demos online, they use food processors and not high-speed blenders! Which processor do you have?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 15, 2011 03:46AM

this is teh one i have John Kholer has it on sale right now .. so far i like it ..its very sturdy smiling smiley [www.discountjuicers.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables