Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blendtec pre-programmed cycles - please help!
Posted by: Honeygal ()
Date: September 09, 2011 11:24PM

Calling all Blendtec Wildside users, would truly appreciate it if you can enlighten me.

Which cycles do you use to make the following:
-zuchinni hummus
-frozen banana ice cream
-cashew ice cream
-cashew butter
-date or fig paste
-almond date pie crust
-nut pates

I previously made all these using a food processor and the results turned out good. I bought the Blendtec hoping to consolidate my food prep there, but the results turned out disastrous, as it seemed i keep picking the wrong cycles.

Eg: hummus remains chunky, nothing close to smooth consistency, despite me blending for a good 10 minutes trying different cycles!

Any help much much appreciated. Thanks in advance smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec pre-programmed cycles - please help!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 11, 2011 03:35AM

Welcome, Honeygal. I see you're new!smiling smiley

It's the strangest thing. I have noticed that when I was looking to buy a Vitamix, everyone was telling me to do it. I take responsibility for my choice, but my food processor just went kaput and I cannot figure out how to get any other texture from my VM than silky! But when I've had trouble with my VM, I hardly get anyone to answer. You'd almost think they're all dealers for high-speed blenders!

Has your manual not provided any info? Does the Blendtec site have a forum for users? You can also try Amazon's comment section for your model. Maybe my comments will get the ball rolling, LOL winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 03:36AM by banana who.

Posted by: Honeygal ()
Date: September 11, 2011 08:40AM

Hi Banana Who!
THanks for your response. The Blendtec user manual, recipe book, facebook/website, videos were not of any help at all as they catered for conventional cooked recipes. Every raw foodist around me uses VM, so they can't answer my questions!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:37PM

How long have you owned it? Blendtec supposedly does it all, unlike the VM which has a wet carafe and a dry one. I only have the wet because mostly I'm just blending. I could make nut creams and pates in it, though. The dry carafe is for grinding nuts and dried fruit. If I tried it with my wet carafe it could dull the blades and it's not worth it.

Some of those chores are best in the food processor, to be honest. I would do the zucchini hummus in there because you want a bit of texture. I personally am not feeling the whole pablum texture with everything so I am gonnna buy a new food processor shortly. I just want one that is more durable!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 25, 2011 07:12AM

ya know, im a blendtec user and im sorry I cant really answer your question, as I have only used it for normal hummus once, and nutritional smoothies for my mom, i used my juicer for the hummus most of the time, just cause I liked the texture it had much better, i didnt like how smooth my blendtec got it... weird huh? the opposite problem it seems like,lol... i guess id just suggest for hummus, to increase the liquid content a bit at a time, so it has more movement, if it is able to create a vortex, then it should be getting it super smooth, in far far far less than 10 minutes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables