Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone have the dry container for the VM?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:27AM

I don't have one and was trying to process some dry ingredients (whole cranberries and walnuts) and noticed that they get lodged within the blades. So I am wondering if I can get the dry container and not need a food processor. I do have a manual slicer/grater so all I would need is for grinding/chopping.

Re: Does anyone have the dry container for the VM?
Posted by: jevans369 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:32AM

I have one. It came as a special with the VM. I was going to sell it but have used it more than I thought.
The dry container has a special blade for doing ONLY dry ingredients. It will not take the place of a FP.
But it all depends on what you are using it for? Cranberries is not considered a dry ingredient. If your intentions is to make flour than a good FP is going to cost you more than the VM.
If you want to do things like cranberries and other wetter ingredients, than the FP is the way to go since the FP will grind down other dry ingredients.

Re: Does anyone have the dry container for the VM?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 21, 2011 05:30PM

Does it only grind stuff to a powder or will it chop it more coarsely first?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables