Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Problems with my new Angel 5500 - help anyone?
Posted by: herbert ()
Date: October 26, 2011 07:09PM

Hi all, it's my first post here in the forum and I'm glad I found it as I'm pretty new to juicing. I got a new Angel juicer, model 5500, delivered from Korea at my door step about two weeks ago, and it worked beautifully, producing a rich juice with great taste and very dry pulp. But after only 10 days of very careful use, it simply fails to get the same quality from the same produce and this is evident in the quality of the juice itself, containing more and more pulp for some reason, and also the separated pulp is really wet and soaked in juice... it's all very disappointing and I try to understand was could possibly be the reason for this problem. Did anyone here in the forum face this with the Angel juicer? any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
Many thanks for your replies!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems with my new Angel 5500 - help anyone?
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:08PM

herbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...... But after only
> 10 days of very careful use, it simply fails to
> get the same quality from the same produce
The pressure Screen is very difficult (and time consuming) to clean. I would guess some of the very fine holes are clogged. The special Knife for cleaning should be used soon after juicing, before the pulp has a chance to dry......WY

Re: Problems with my new Angel 5500 ?
Posted by: herbert ()
Date: November 10, 2011 10:22PM

Thanks WY, you were right about those clogged holes in the filter. I didn't even see that they are blocked because they are so tiny... But now, after a thorough clean of that fine filter, the same issues remain, this is really upsetting and I wish I knew what's the reason for such a decrease in the quality of the juice. Do you have any other idea about the cause? perhaps there is a way to "calibrate" the gears with the filter unit? or anything else? Thanks again! H

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 10:36PM by herbert.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:13PM

If the pulp is still very wet, then it sounds like many of those tiny holes in the filter are still blocked. That would be the only logical reason why the pulp is wet, as the filter is not allowing the juice through, with the juice being pushed along with the pulp. Maybe check out the filter under magnification.

Cheers,
geo

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:35PM

soak the screen assembly in vinegar over night. Clean thoroughly. reassemble and gently push through some leafy greens... wait until pulp clears before adding more produce. If you rush it, nothing will help. If you are adding soft fruits, consider adding a the soft fruit plate. Best.

Paul

Re: Problems with my new Angel 5500 ?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 22, 2011 03:27PM

herbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks WY, you were right about those clogged
> holes in the filter. I didn't even see that they
> are blocked because they are so tiny... But now,
> after a thorough clean of that fine filter, the
> same issues remain, this is really upsetting and I
> wish I knew what's the reason for such a decrease
> in the quality of the juice. Do you have any other
> idea about the cause? perhaps there is a way to
> "calibrate" the gears with the filter unit? or
> anything else? Thanks again! H

Herbert, disregard the advice above regarding screen assembly. There is a safety sensor that I was unaware of in the screen assembly. Just clean it thoroughly under warm water.

The only other thing I would suggest is to review the cleaning instructions that came with the unit, assuming you bought it new. I have one now and it's working optimal. I don't know what you mean by "filter unit". Be sure you have used the brush and knife that came with the unit to gently clean under warm water.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables