Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

White residue on my juicer
Posted by: Tombotronic ()
Date: November 02, 2011 10:29AM

Hi all,

I am having a small problem with white residue on parts of my juicer. It isn't visible when the parts are wet and it seems to only be on the 'active parts of the juicer..(auger, screen, and bowl). I can scratch it off with my fingernail, but brushing doesn't seem to help. I would say it is just hard water deposits, but nothing else in the kitchen seems to get that stuff. Any clues as to how I should best clean it? So far it hasn't caused any problems but I fear it might eventually clog up the holes in the screen.

Thanks!

--------------------
Tombotronic

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White residue on my juicer
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 02, 2011 01:31PM

Look up how to clean hard water deposits and try the remedies suggested (things like vinegar and baking soda, washing soda etc). If that works you know what it is at least.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:36AM

Tombotronic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....Any clues as
> to how I should best clean it?
I would suggest that after juicing, rinse the parts thoroughly, then Towel Dry.
Most people just rinse and air-dry. Towel drying allows you to reassemble the juicer so it's ready for next time. Plus, it looks so much neater in the Kitchen, and there are no water spots......WY

Posted by: Tombotronic ()
Date: November 04, 2011 08:52PM

That is what I do. I rinse every time (warm soapy water wash about every other time), towel dry and reassemble. I have tried the vinegar and baking soda, but the stuff resists everything but being physically scoured off. I am kind of afraid to hit it with scouring pads though because I don't want to scratch it all to hell. I don't know... so far it hasn't impacted performance but I can see how it could if left unchecked.

--------------------
Tombotronic

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 04, 2011 09:15PM

John Kohler has a youtube video on cleaning stains off juicer parts if you feel like googling it winking smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables