Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Air purifier.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 03, 2011 02:58PM

This is the appliance section so I thought I'd ask this here.
Do you have an air filter/purifier or have one on your wish list? I recently purchased a refurbished Oreck XL that works fine, sends out negative ions and covers about 300 sq feet but I've been reading about Alive Air and considering getting a second unit so we can have one in the bedroom with us when we're sleeping (probably the Oreck as the Alive covers more space). I know reviews like this tend to be biased but the chart info is good and fairly convincing. What do you think?

[www.top-air-purifier-reviews.org]

Of course I'll call the company and inquire about a refurbished or floor model discounted unit, lol. My shopping secret...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Air purifier.
Posted by: elementalraw ()
Date: November 03, 2011 08:57PM

We have used filtrete brand air purifier for years now with great success and my allergies have decreased alot.

Posted by: Luke Sartor ()
Date: December 19, 2011 03:14AM

House plants are the most effective air purifiers. And hey, they add a wonderful color to the rooms too.
If you live in a polluted urban environment and open windows doesn't give you sufficiently clean air, I suggest filling your home with large-leaved house plants. They can filter many of the particulates and chemicals that air purifiers may not.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2011 03:19AM

Luke, plants only work if you have a lot of them, and I mean a LOT. Believe me, that was the first thing I looked into. I just don't have that kind of room, plus I have little kids who aren't very careful or gentle and I don't adequately heat or cool the house to accommodate inside plants (we go nakie in summer and carry water misters and wear many layers in winter). If I could move to the tropics we'd be all set! Well, except for the bugs. LOL.

Posted by: Xamot ()
Date: December 23, 2011 02:04AM

I have a Honeywell Hepa that spans about 800 sq ft. It works well, the only gripe I have about it is that it is very noisy. I don't mind the noise, but my wife and kids get annoyed with it. I would love to run it all the time but can't due to the noise. I will look into another one that is quieter, any suggestions?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables