Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anybody find that fresh juice causes . . .
Posted by: kalejuicer ()
Date: November 09, 2011 01:46AM

tiny little ulcers inside the mouth? I have drank carrot-kale juice 8 straight days. About 20 oz. per day. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened. I don't plan on stopping. My goal is to juice every day this month. I wonder if organic produce would be better for this reason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anybody find that fresh juice causes . . .
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:16AM

If your body is telling you to stop you might want to listen to that instead of sticking with an idea just for the sake of the idea itself. Just a suggestion...

Posted by: kalejuicer ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:39AM

Thanks for your input. I guess if it becomes a real problem, I may have to stop. At least for a while. I don't believe carrot-kale juice is acidic, more likely alkaline. Maybe it's just a temporary problem, like detoxing/cleansing. Can't see how something supposedly so healthy could be detrimental. But I will monitor it, of course.

Date: November 09, 2011 03:11AM

Anything in excess can be unhealthy though. And you may be missing something your body needs that's causing ulcers in the mouth.
Personally I don't put a lot of stock into the "detox" theory unless you're making a huge, huge change. And then I think a slower more steady transition is a good idea, it is way less stressful on the body and easier to maintain as a regular habit instead of something temporary.
Not that lots of people don't do juice fasts, they do.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 10, 2011 08:05PM

try diluting the kale juice to no more than 1/4 of a green juice blend with more mild green juices (celery, cucumber, romaine lettuce, etc). And start with a low amount (2 ounces) and see if your symptoms continue. remember the dose is the poison or the cure.

Date: November 23, 2011 06:23AM

Now that's interesting, cause since I have been juicing (a week) I too have noticed small ulcers inside my bottom lip. They clear up quick, but then there's another one, and I thought it was detox or something, but maybe it's the juice. I usually dilute juice that I buy, but since I bought a juicer, I don't dilute, but maybe I should. Thanks for your input.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables