Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re: Review of Super Angel 5500 juicer
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 24, 2012 09:44PM

Oh and by the way, John, the whole issue of gears touching other gears is not germane to this discussion. The location of the nics that Cetana mentioned are on the second phase where the gears are far away from each other. here are mine in my Super Angel without the cover. Cetana's occured in the second stage, corkscrew which is the main part of the pic below. The first stage helical gears are the place when and if gears touch it's an issue so for this discussion your tryin to link gear contact being a source of metal shavings is nonsense. The cork screw gears are pressed against a metal housing similar to the Omega 8004 (though I don't know if it metal). JJ, don't go fishing today, you won't catch anything. Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 09:51PM by pborst.

Date: June 29, 2012 07:38PM

geo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I have found that I have to pay particular
> attention to the fine screen, as the last time I
> juiced a lot of greens (2litres), there was
> considerable foaming. On close inspection I
> noticed alot of the holes blocked.

Yes, l notice considerable foaming too. Such a pity. But besides from the foaming, l am very happy with my Angel 7,500 juicer. Beautiful, and easy clean up. l don't like the look of all the other juicers l have seen because they are made from plastic and look ugly, but the Angel is the true `pretty face' (angel face) of the juicers.

So; beauty, performance and easy clean-up were the selling points for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2012 07:40PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:17PM

Hi Sproutman, yes, the angel looks great on the benchtop. Mine's really a 7500 too, which has the auto reverse unlike the 5500 which only has the manual reverse switch. Apart from that, there's no other difference.

I'm surprised you say 'easy' clean-up. Most people who own plastic juicers always say it's too hard haha. Really though, it's all relative to the efficiency of the machine.

I don't think it's hard, but here's where everyone differs in their perception of things. There are people who hate clean-up, but peal all there carrots prior to juicing!!! LOL

Cheers, jalan

Date: July 01, 2012 02:47PM

The thing which does annoy me with the angel juicer is when l juice sprouts. The screen and opening shoot is not big enough so the sprouts always fall into the juice collection tray, so when l filter the juice the numerous sprouts always block the strainer, so this means that l have to spray the strainer with filtered water; this is not such a hastle, but it makes abit of a mess and causes a slight delay before l consume my juice (about a 90 second delay because of the strainer cleaning and the slow strainer filtering because of the blockage). Still, l am happy l have the juicer.

l am sure most people don't have the problem that l have (most people juice vegeatbles), but since l only juice sprouts, the problem is a touch annoying.

Some folks also talk about how it is easy to tip the juicer due to it's design, but l never have that problem because the Angel just sucks those sprouts down like no-bodies business.

Many juicing companies say that the juice lasts for hours or days, but l don't buy into that nonsense. How can that be the case? When you pick vegetables or fruits, massive nutritional loses quickly occur despite the plant/food being in whole form, so how can a fiberless juice contain the nutrients without a massive loss??? The juicer company(s) claims are nonsense, just like how the Vitamix people claim the blending gives you more absorbable nutrition. l even had the Greenstar rep tell me that their special magnet technology helps retain the nutrients...come on!...if the fiber is gone the juice is going to be dead within 15 minutes. How do l know this? Because the world leading bio-energetic doctor Dr Valerie Hunt has proven this by testing the blended and juiced foods on behalf of the Hippocrates Health Institute.

Take these company claims with a grain of salt. The key is to have a slow turning juicer and to consume the juice straight away, + to sit down, swish the juice around your mouth and chew it for proper absorption. l really wish these showoff raw food gurus would stop standing up and swallowing their juice without even swishing/chewing it...it just trains people in bad habits. Why buy a good juicer if you are going to spoil the full effect?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 03:01PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 04, 2012 12:18AM

funny, I juice broccoli sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, mung bean sprouts and they all go in my Super Angel just fine. Sounds as though our experiences may vary. I admit I dont know how to account for the disparity. My sprouts go right through.

Paul

Posted by: Isha ()
Date: July 19, 2012 09:18PM

Hi everyone,

Can you use the Angel juicer to make your own oil from seeds? (ie.; hempseed oil)

Also, I read on a website that the automatic reverse function on Model 7500 comes into action suddenly even when not in jamming (overload) situation due to too sensitiveness of the sensor.
I want to buy either the 5500 or the 7500. Don't really mind which one. If not having the automatic reverse function can overload the machine easily and cause problems I will go for the 7500 but otherwise, I will be happy with the earlier model if, of course, there is no difference in the quality of juice produced by the machines.

You are very lucky with a 10 years warranty. In the Uk the Angel Juicer has only 5 years for the motor and 3 for the parts.

Many Thanks

Date: July 19, 2012 09:41PM

Hi again,

I've noticed Paul mentioning in an earlier post to make sure to buy a Super Angel not an Angelia model and, I just realised that the Super Angel might not be available in the Uk. I can only seem to find the Angelia model online. That is disappointing...
Is it just the warranty life that is different or are the machines different too in terms of quality?

Thanks!

Date: July 20, 2012 01:59PM

Isha,

I don't know the answer to your question. The Angelia issue maybe mostly a US issue. USJuicers.com, the American distributor of the Super Angel, claimed an unauthorized dealer bought Angelias from overseas and was trying to sell them here. "Unauthorized Angelia Juicer models

Please Beware ! An unauthorized dealer brought the foreign model of Angelia from overseas and try to sell in the states. Please be careful and do not purchase from the unauthorized dealers. We are not sure if these products are refurbished or used. We do not provide any warranty for those products sold by the unauthorized dealers. We only provide our 10 year warranty to the Super Angel 5500 Juicers sold by the authorized dealers in the states. To be sure that your warranty is valid and that you are receiving the best product possible, please purchase the Super Angel Juicer from the authorized dealers only !!"

[www.usjuicers.com] Please note that Jalanutan who is in Australia has an Angelia and the performance is from talking to him is identical to my own Super Angel. I think it's just warranty to be honest.

Paul

Date: July 20, 2012 03:45PM

Isha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone,
>
> Can you use the Angel juicer to make your own oil
> from seeds? (ie.; hempseed oil)
>
> Also, I read on a website that the automatic
> reverse function on Model 7500 comes into action
> suddenly even when not in jamming (overload)
> situation due to too sensitiveness of the sensor.
>
> I want to buy either the 5500 or the 7500. Don't
> really mind which one. If not having the automatic
> reverse function can overload the machine easily
> and cause problems I will go for the 7500 but
> otherwise, I will be happy with the earlier model
> if, of course, there is no difference in the
> quality of juice produced by the machines.
>
> You are very lucky with a 10 years warranty. In
> the Uk the Angel Juicer has only 5 years for the
> motor and 3 for the parts.
>
> Many Thanks

Isha, you can't make hempseed oil from the Super Angel/Angelina. You used to be able to make it with a Samson juicer from discount juicers. But he's removed it due to design flaws.

Paul

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 03:51PM by pborst.

Date: July 20, 2012 09:49PM

Thanks a lot for you reply, Paul.

If it is just down to the warranty it will be ok with me. Although, it is a bit disappointing the fact that the warranty is so much shorter than the Super Angel one.
The Uk distributors that are selling the Angelia model online all have a good reputation here in England so, I think you might be right.winking smiley

The Samson and its oil attachment are still selling here in the Uk. I wasn't aware of the design flaws you mentioned and it is good to know. I was hoping the Super Angel will be able to do the job too, specially considering the high price.
I wonder if there is another option to make your own cold pressed oil at home that doesn't involved buying a second juicer.. I will have to do some research on this.

I think I will be getting the 5500 model and the nut butter attachment to start with ( I have a Thermomix and it is fantastic but I find I can not get the nut butters as smooth as I would like them to be)
My first and only juicer has been a centrifugal one for a few years now ( low range as well) I really look forward to the green drinks from the Angel juicer.

Best,

Isa.

Date: July 24, 2012 05:48AM

Hi Isha

Paul is right, as even though my juicer is the 'Angelia', it's identical except that mine is the 7500 model with the auto reverse feature (mine has NEVER accidently activated). Oh, mine also has the 10yr waranty, so I don't understand why there's only a 5yr waranty in the Uk??? Very strange, maybe the cold weather in the UK effects the machine LOL grinning smiley

Date: July 25, 2012 02:33PM

Hi Jalanutan,

haha a UK mistery affecting kitchen appliances LOL

Glad to know your Angel 7500 works just fine.
I just pre-order mine as both models are currently out of stock. Looking forward to start juicing!

Isha

Date: July 26, 2012 04:46PM

Isha,

You won't regret it. It's a great juicer, far better than my Greenpower Kempo Twin Gear.

Paul

Date: July 29, 2012 09:45PM

My Angelic machine is still running great with no decrease in performance. Actually, it seems to be running smoother and more quiet, so maybe it's 'run in' now haha grinning smiley

Isha, you might come across someone who'll say that their machine creates BONE DRY pulp. Well, that's just not true. I've explained many times that 'bone dry' means the absence of all moisture, like dry flour or literally old bones bleaching in the blazing desert sun. But people still insist that their juicer produces 'bone dry' pulp.

Talk about misleading, as there's no juicer on earth that produces bone dry pulp, even the Angel haha. However, if you squeeze the pulp from an angel, you won't be able to squeeze even one drop of moisture from it, while most all other juicers you can squeeze at least one drop, more like several drops. And you know, some even put the pulp through their machine twice, in order to extract more juice.

Well, I hope your Angel arrives soon Isha, happy juicing.

Cheers, jalan smiling smiley

Date: August 07, 2012 07:39PM

The Angel is back in stock, hurray! I got an email today letting me know so, I should have the juicer with me by early next week.

I am pretty sure I am going to get lots of goodness from this machine. I love juicing and it will be in use very much every day at least once. I don't really like storing juice in the fridge to drink it later on in the day. I prefer to make fresh just what I'm going to drink at the time.

My current juicer ( centrifugal) doesn't get much out of leafy greens and fresh herbs ( the pulp comes out quite quite wet) and I expect to see the Angel doing a great job and as well as saving me some money on fresh produce.
I have seen a video comparing the Angel and the Norwalk juice and pulp results and I must say the Angel was very impressive.

Is it true that twin gear Juicers can get rid of about 80 to 90% of chemicals and heavy metals on conventionally grown produce? I try to buy organic whenever possible but I also buy conventionally grown fruit and vegetables from farmers markets.

Thanks for Paul and Jalan for your comments! winking smiley

Isha

Date: August 07, 2012 08:32PM

welcome. I can't speak to the % pesticide reduction. But that sounds about right. The juicer itself is wonderful. Bone dry pulp, high yield juice, all stainless steel contact surfaces. I have never regretted my purchase.

Date: August 07, 2012 08:38PM

Sounds perfect to me.
Thanks.

Isha

Date: August 13, 2012 07:22PM

I just received my Angel juicer ( Angelia). I've got the 7500 in the end.
I've made a juice with fennel, parsley, purselane, sorrel, kale, lemon and lime.
The first thing I've noticed is how quiet the machine is. It runs very smoothly and takes the greens and other produce really easily with no effort whatsoever on my part.
Comparing the Angel with my centrifugal (L'equip) it produced at least twice the amount of juice with the same amount of greens ( I' would say problably a bit more). Also, produced at least half of the amount of pulp. The pulp had some moisture in it ( I could get drops of juice if squeezing it with my hand so, by no means bone dry) However, the juice was delicious. Much thicker in consistency and quite creamy. I passed it through a sieve to see if there was any pulp left in it and the sieve came our fairly clean.
With my old juicer the juice tends to separate rather quickly,leaving the water content at the bottom almost straight. The Angel juice remained well mixed together while drinking it. ( 10-15 minutes after juicing)
All in all, I'm delighted ! really, very pleased with my decision.

Isha

Date: August 17, 2012 05:24PM

Isha,

Welcome to the club. I think you will find in the year ahead it's one of the best purchases you could have made. Sometimes when making a major purchase you have to go with your gut as I did between the Super Angel and the Norwalk & Green Power Elite. Both the Norwalk and Green Power Elite are superlative juicers. No question. I went with the Super Angel for the versatility, stainless steel construction, 10 year warranty and yield results on EU Juicers on Youtube relative to other juicers.

Not going to get a Norwalk now. I have two go to juicers: one centrifugal and the SuperAngel. Best to you.

Paul

Super Angel 5500 fan not working after 4 uses
Posted by: Slavinha ()
Date: August 17, 2012 07:58PM

Hello

I've bought a Super Angel 5500 few weeks ago. I was extra careful in learning exactly how to use it via blogs, Angel Co website and YouTube videos. After only four uses I've noticed that the unit was really hot and that the fan was no longer working.

After contacting the store I bought it from, in downtown Toronto, they told me to bring it in and they will send it to a local electrician, since apparently there is no Angel Co authorized service to figure out what is wrong with my brand new unit.

That concerns me a lot. Why do I have to have a brand new machine being opened by someone that may not be familiar with its engineering, and possibly create more problems for the future than what I have now. Shouldn't the store give me a new unit or use a network of authorized professionals? I am quite disappointed, since I've saved to get it for 6 months for this expensive juicer.

BTW - The one thing that gave me chills when I purchased it was when the store handled me a piece of paper that was typed in a computer to be filled in with the warranty terms - there was no warranty card from the manufacturer. I thought "Seriously?"

Any thoughts on this or experience using the warranty will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Slavinha

Re: Super Angel 5500 fan not working after 4 uses
Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: August 17, 2012 09:58PM

What is the name of the store you bought it from in Toronto?
Check the name against the list provided by US Juicers, the North American Distributor after completing the form. [usjuicers.com] If your dealer isn't on this list, you probably didn't buy a warranted unit in which case you are on your own.

You shouldn't be servicing it through the retailer but rather through authorized service center. [usjuicers.com]. If the unit isn't warranted which is what it sounds like, not much you can do at this point except let it play. Some retailers are selling unwarranted units .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2012 10:09PM by Krefcenz.

Date: August 18, 2012 11:16AM

I've been juicing for a few days now and love everything about the juicer.
I have a question about the juice that produces. Is it normal for it to have lumps, there are not solid and dissolved in the mouth. I didn't noticed this in the few juices but, it does it a lot now. I'm juicing leafy greens mostly and fresh herbs. The juice is dense and delicious nevertheless.
Thanks

ps- I did also notice in one occasion the motor a bit too hot and then when back to be ok when I used the Angel next.

Isha

Posted by: jmibullfrog ()
Date: September 17, 2012 11:10PM

I am very interested in buying this Super Angel. From what I am hearing, the 5500 is the best option. Has anyone here made almond milk with it? If so, how did it turn out. I would like to make nutmilks for my daughter, as she can't drink regular milk. I saw that with the Omega 8004, the milk is watery. Is that the case with the Super Angel. I like the versatility of the Super Angel, so the nutmilk isn't really a deal-breaker. Just asking for the experience of others.
Thanks.
Jeremiah

Date: September 18, 2012 08:50PM

I'm dismayed at the problems some people are having with the super angel. I believe that there are plenty of unscrupulous companies that are cashing in on the angel's good name and quality. It's the same everywhere, as when a great product is released onto the market, out come the dirty filthy con artists who try to capitalise on the good name and quality of the legit product (in this case, the super angel juice extractor).

Some things to note...........

Do not buy a second hand unit
Don't be swayed by sales talk where you will apparently save hundreds of bucks by buying as slightly used unit, a reconditioned unit or a demo model
Make sure your unit is in the original packaging
Make sure there's a ten year warrantee
Make sure that all the accessories are included, and in perfect condition
Make sure all paperwork is included and professionally printed with colour pics etc.
Make sure there are contact details if you're not fully satisfied with the product.
Do your due diligence on the super angel, or you may end up with a lemon

jalan

Date: September 24, 2012 03:46PM

Hi Jeremiah,

You will need a blender or food processor to make nut milk, not a juicer. Many people use a Vitamix or a Blentec. I have a Thermomix but I'm sure there are lots of good other options out there. There must be a post talking about blenders and probably even making nut milks somewhere in this forum.

Isha

Date: September 28, 2012 05:10PM

agree with Isha. Make nut mylk with a blender, not a juicer. Soak the nuts for 12 hours or so ..so that they release any anti-nutrients (phytates). Use a nut mylk bag. Some have recommended paint strainer bags from home depot or lowes. Can't speak to that. I use a few nut mylk bags I've bought from Raw Food World and Cherie Soria's site. Work ok. Best.

Paul

Posted by: jmibullfrog ()
Date: October 01, 2012 11:59PM

Thanks. I hadn't heard of the blender option before. I have seen things like the Hurom Juicer make nut milk with good results, and I saw the recipe for soy milk with the Super Angel, so I thought almond milk would be about the same. I'll give the blender idea a try.

Super Angel vs Norwalk:
Posted by: Victoriastar ()
Date: October 25, 2012 09:59AM

I am looking very closely at purchasing a Norwalk press but also considering the Super Angelia juicer. I know these are the two priciest on the market but I've had less expensive and I don't want anything like I've had before. I've used the Norwalk so I am familiar with the two step process. I've owned Omega, Acme, Champion, Green Star,Breville, Omega but was never quite pleased with one thing or another, ie. too much pulp, too many pieces to clean, too much heat, etc. I am leaning toward the Norwalk ony because of these facts, and if I am wrong would someone please correct me on these facts. The Norwalk juice press does not heat up and the juice can be bottled and stored up to 3 days with minuscle destruction of enzyme activity, henceforth a large batch can be made and stored in refrigerator or frozen for later use in the week without detroying nutrition value. I have not seen anything stating this with the Super Angel. Does anyone know about this? I would be making about 3 gallons a week.

Posted by: ChiChi ()
Date: January 05, 2013 03:15AM

Hi

Can anyone please tell me who is a reputable seller of these in Australia? It is a shame that I can't find these in stores or demonstrated anywhere (other than online). I have also read on ebay Australia by a seller that the upper models are being returned at a high rate due to faults and they recommend the 5500 model. Has anyone any thoughts on this? I wanted the higher grade stainless steel (316) as I live near the ocean and it is very salty here and I read that the 304 stainless steel will corrode.

Thanks
ChiChi
Sydney NSW

Posted by: thumper2mk ()
Date: January 10, 2013 03:54AM

The conversation in this review has been exceedingly informative. Like others in this thread, I've been debating purchasing a Norwalk vs Super Angel 5500 and now I see, I'll have to invest the extra bit that I'd hoped not to pay in exchange for the nutritional benefits in a better quality product (Norwalk). So, thanks for taking your time and making my decision clear.

The trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
- Erica Jong

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables