Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My faithful Blender has bitten-the-dust.
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 09, 2011 03:42PM

After many years of Loyal Service, my Vita-Prep 3 has worn out. Prima Restaurant Equipment (on eBay) had the best price at $485 for a replacement. I ordered one last night. Even though my old blender is still working, it has
gotten to the point where I can't live with the short in the variable-speed Dial. On low speed it would sometimes rev-up to high speed. Not too long ago I had to clean up a mess.
My juicing has almost come to a halt. I've become a big fan of the fruitless Green Smoothie......WY

[www.ebay.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My faithful Blender has bitten-the-dust.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2011 03:54PM

Have you contacted the company to see if there's anything they can do? That would be my first step smiling smiley.

Date: December 09, 2011 04:52PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you contacted the company to see if there's
> anything they can do?

Coco....Thanks for the advice, but that's not my style. I'd rather quietly replace it, and not make waves. However, the new Blender that is coming will get a thorough testing before I accept it......WY

Date: December 09, 2011 06:12PM

But you know that's a service they offer, right? To fix their machines... Please don't throw it out at least, would you consider offering it to someone who might be able to afford a repair cost but not a new machine? I know that before I could have afforded a new machine I would have leapt at a chance like that smiling smiley.

Date: December 09, 2011 07:59PM

coco Wrote:
> But you know that's a service they offer, right?
> To fix their machines

No, Coco, I didn't know that.
If anyone reading this needs a Blender, I'll send you my used Vita-Prep 3, and you can take your time to having it repaired....Otherwise, I am going to give it to my local Thrift Store.
I'm looking forward to using a new machine. The coming New Year just seems to fit in with it all......WY

Date: December 09, 2011 08:17PM

I'm with coco here, but I'm mostly looking at the cost to the environment when we consider the strain on resources which are finite. If it can be repaired, then it's a better option. However, I do understand the excitment of buying a new machine ;-)

Mobile phones are the worst IMO. New upgraded models are flooding the market all the time with all sorts of gadgetry. Who of us has actually waited for our phone to die before replacing it??? Right now, I'm using two phones that are three or four years old. Smallness is my priority, whereas most people have those larger touch screen jobs now, so they can access the internet et cetera. I like a basic phone that is small enough and flat enough to shove in my jeans pocket and forget it's there. I've had it repaired twice, but it's my favourite.

Cheers,
geo

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 09, 2011 08:54PM

Henry,

I can understand reordering the same model. And it sounds like you have done so. Should it not work out, I would strongly recommend having a look at the Omega BL 630. [www.youtube.com]. I know you have seen this one before. And at $549, it's $65 more than your Vita Prep 3.

I know you and I may think about this differently. But, I would pay the $65 for a 10 year warranty vs. 3 year warranty, and the added flexibility of the auto factors of the BL 630.

I am happy with my Vitamix Pro 500. No regrets. But if I were buying today, would take the BL 630.

Date: December 09, 2011 09:20PM

Geo, I used my phone until it died and then had the devil of a time replacing it, in the 4 or so years they changed so much and now even the most simple of them does way too many things! I just want it to ring, no fancy nonsense required. Going onto the internet on a cell phone is like trying to read a book written on fortune cookie strips :/.

WY I hope you find a taker for your machine. Maybe you'd consider putting an ad on your local freecycle site. If I lived close to you I'd jump at the chance to come on over and score that machine!

Date: December 10, 2011 12:21AM

pborst Wrote:
> I can understand reordering the same model. And
> it sounds like you have done so. Should it not
> work out, I would strongly recommend having a look
> at the Omega BL 630.

I looked at the BL630 video. I didn't hear the 'Amen'. John Kohler sure does get worked up, doesn't he?
You're right, I have already ordered another Vita-Prep 3. But I may cancel the order and order a Blendtec. This Chef model appeals to me. I think the 96-ounce Container, with the 4" blade, might work well....no more cutting up Produce......WY

[www.jlhufford.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 10, 2011 02:04AM

I have an HP3A with the 96 ounce carafe. It definitely does the job. I still cut produce though! lol.

Date: December 10, 2011 03:20AM

coco Wrote:
> .......If I lived close to you I'd jump
> at the chance to come on over and score that
> machine!

And I'd freely give it to you for all the support you give to the various Forums here. I was just wondering the other day how you have the time to do it....Tamukha too!! Shouldn't you be working, or something like that?......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables