Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Daddy is getting old.....and fat
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 11, 2011 04:37AM

Jay Kordich, also known as Juice Daddy, is 88 years old. He has a new juicer, called the PowerGrind Pro, on the market. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was nice to see him, at his age, getting excited about juicing......WY

[www.youtube.com]

Here he is two years earlier with a different juicer. I like what he says about Orange Juice.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Daddy is getting old.....and fat
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:11AM

I agree, and I didn't realise that the orange rind was flammable. I'm going to try that next time I buy oranges. Hmmm he seems to like those high speed shredding juicers, and they are fast.

Date: December 11, 2011 03:03PM

You never did that trick with orange peel as a kid? Oh man, my little ones LOVE that! I hold the match, or course...

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: December 11, 2011 04:26PM

Here in the north country we save our citrus peels for the woodstove when we need to get a new fire going. Works like a charm.

Date: December 11, 2011 11:51PM

*of

D'oh.

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: December 13, 2011 08:11AM

those were great videos, thank you for sharing. and i agree, i like what he had to say about the orange juice as well. i also found the bit about ulcers quite interesting as i suffered with them for years. they havent really bothered me in some time now but if they come back, i now know what i will do to heal them.

Date: December 15, 2011 11:14PM

No Coco, never knew bout it. Maybe it's because I was born way out, down under, in the outback of the interior haha.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:57PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jay Kordich, also known as Juice Daddy, is 88
> years old. He has a new juicer, called the
> PowerGrind Pro, on the market. I wouldn't
> recommend it, but it was nice to see him, at his
> age, getting excited about juicing......WY
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> =related
>
> Here he is two years earlier with a different
> juicer. I like what he says about Orange Juice.
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Correction: This entity's Earth shell is deteriorating and expanding, too. His true Self is eternal and unchanging!

(P.S. Such is the fate of all of us. Even if our Earth shell is thin when we drop it, drop it we must eventually!smiling smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 07:58PM by banana who.

Date: December 16, 2011 08:26PM

banana who Wrote:
> (P.S. Such is the fate of all of us. Even if our
> Earth shell is thin when we drop it, drop it we
> must eventually!smiling smiley)

Yes, but it does look like those in a position to make a difference, would keep their physical Body youthful.
We know what to do, don't we?......WY
P.S. It saddens me when those who know, don't. May we all be an example...and we are.
Hey, I'm beginning to talk myself into something.

Date: December 16, 2011 08:48PM

I finally clicked on the video...I think Jay looks FABULOUS!!!! You call that fat? I believe we need to re-think that adjective. This dude is 88 years young! I pray to be as clear-speaking and vibrant as he apparently still is. His body looks very sturdy. Many people lucky enough to make it into their late-80s are very frail. I think Jay is an inspiration to those who consume juice.

(By the way, even for those 20% over the weight norm, there is supposed to be no health risk inherent in it. I do think it's better to strive for being trim but I also think many people have distorted body image and that is not healthy either. I also think that being thin doesn't prevent cancer, heart disease, etc. Look at Farrah: very thin, very athletic and she died of cancer anyway.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 08:51PM by banana who.

Date: December 16, 2011 09:24PM

I think he was talking about the new juicer being fat?

Date: December 16, 2011 09:52PM

coco Wrote:
> I think he was talking about the new juicer being
> fat?

No, Dear. If you look closely at the two videos, one when Jay was 88, and the other when he was 86, you'll see a noticeable difference......WY
P.S. Here's an interview with Paul Nison. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but his face looks Puffy....kind of like a cooked-food overeater.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 16, 2011 09:59PM

Even in that video, I think he looks and sounds AWESOME, especially for someone in their late 80s! I don't see puffiness. Personally, I don't find gaunt to be appealing or healthy-looking. And has Jay ever claimed to be a raw foodie? I know that he drinks fresh juices and that he sells machines. That's all I have heard about him.

(Maybe his eyebrows are adding a few pounds...winking smiley)

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:26PM

banana who Wrote:

> (Maybe his eyebrows are adding a few pounds...winking smiley)

bwahahahahhaha !!!! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:58PM

People can laugh all they want. I'm with BW. I hope I look that good at 88.

[www.youtube.com]

Wouldn't it be funny if Jay outlives Jim Carey? lol

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 16, 2011 11:00PM

Okay, I give up. LOL. You women always gang up on me. I haven't won a discussion in the last five years.
One point about Jay, and his juicing, is he's trying to sell his Juicer as a juicer of Greens, in addition to the other produce. It's not efficient with Greens.
Dan-the-Man started with a Breville centrifugal, but I notice he's now using a single-auger......WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 17, 2011 04:16AM

Jay and Linda Kordich are on my facebook friends so i get alot of updates from them weekly

one thing i really like about Jay ..for all his fame .. he answers everybodys questions directly i think that is very cool that he takes that kinda of time to stay connected with the people that support him

I do have to agree with Yogi tho .. in the last 2 years he has definitely put on some weight,but he has never to my knowledge professed to being raw or vegan ..perhaps he is just slowing down with the activity level .. or adding more fats to his diet

i still think he looks good for his age smiling smiley

his recipies that he shares on his facebook are always great .. i should probably start cutting and pasting them here for the heck of it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 18, 2011 01:15AM

The man looks like a fire plug to me. He must lift weights. I see health in someone like him more than a wispy-looking, soft-speaking dude much younger. Jay has a very strong voice, as if he is still very vital.

Date: December 19, 2011 08:28AM

Look, my Mother is 89 and nothing like Jay. She is so toxic that her body is now rejecting food and liquid (sorry ma). She tries to eat, but just feels sick when she does. I did try to educate her back in the seventies, and she and my Dad did give up smoking. But they believed all the hype of meat and dairy, and it was like talking to a brick wall.

Date: December 19, 2011 09:01AM

geo Wrote:
> Look, my Mother is 89 and nothing like Jay.

My Mother is 91, walks 2 or 3-miles each day, watches what she eats, and believes Dr. Oz is God. We live on two different Planets, but I don't know what I'd do without her. I fully expect her to reach 100.
Geo....Mothers are allowed not to know certain things....like eating Fruit as a dessert. My Mom has Fruit after every meal...my Dad did too when he was alive. You'd think a concept so simple could be understood by your own folks......WY

Date: December 19, 2011 12:58PM

My mom is 63 and is the only person her age I've ever even heard of who doesn't take even one pill a day, never mind the handfuls most people gobble up like candy. She's and old hippy, has always been into health. While her diet and lifestyle aren't "perfect" she is certainly a living example of how even just doing a few things for your health can have an enormous lifelong impact.
Thanks mom!

Date: December 20, 2011 10:14PM

That's pretty cool WY, and my Mum eats over ten pills each day Coco. Both my parents did eat fairly simply, and always had desert. But the older they got, the more they eat processed foods, and they wouldn't listen to me. My Dad died at 87, but was in better health than my Mum is now at 89. He smoked for fifty years, and finally succumbed to cancer. I agree though, that a lifetime of eating right, while it may not increase mortality, does increases the quality of life in the later years.

Date: December 20, 2011 10:43PM

My SAD eating dad has smoked since he was about 14 and just this month went to hospital with a lung infection that revealed cancer. They caught it very early and got it all out with no need for chemo but the difference between my parent's lifestyles and health is distinct.

Date: December 21, 2011 11:24PM

In what way is their lifestyle distinct from their health Coco?

Date: December 22, 2011 01:36AM

geo Wrote:
> In what way is their lifestyle distinct from their health Coco?

I think she said her Mother is very knowledgeable and healthy, and her Father is just the opposite. Coco will correct me if I'm wrong......WY

Date: December 22, 2011 02:57AM

Papa has a SAD diet, sedentary lifestyle, smokes, etc, and just had cancer hacked out of his lungs. He's got low energy, mental instability, negativity in his attitudes and pain in his body. He thinks a lot about the past. He takes multiple daily pills for health conditions.
Mama is mostly vegetarian, lots of raw, yoga daily plus other exercise including tons of swimming, very little coffee, no alcohol, doesn't smoke, has a vibrant, childlike outlook on life, doesn't hold onto grudges or bad feelings and is the only person I know in their 60's who takes zero medication for any health condition. If she experiences discomfort in her body the FIRST place she turns for healing is diet. She's the role model for me.

Date: December 22, 2011 07:38PM

Oh, ok thanks. I think that is fairly rare, as generally people get together due to having similar likes/dislikes. Of course, over the years people can develop a lifestyle that's distinct from their partner. Especially if they married young.

Date: December 22, 2011 07:46PM

Oh no, my hippie parents were never married, lol! But now she is married to a man who eats meat, drinks, doesn't exercise, watches lots of TV and has had heart trouble. They both play music though (so does my dad) so they've got something fundamental in common. And he drinks her crazy morning juices and smoothies too, she's got him way healthier than when they first met at least!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables