Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Christmas came early
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:55AM

"I generally avoid Temptation...except when I can't resist it."......Mae West

It was Love at first sight, and I couldn't resist it. This Blendtec Chef Blender that I ordered yesterday from JL Hufford, comes with a 96-ounce Carafe with a 4" Blade (in addition to the 64-ounce Carafe with a 3" Blade). I think I'll be able to prepare Green Smoothies without having to cutup a lot of the Produce. Its Power was also a strong selling point, along with the user-friendly buttons......WY

[www.jlhufford.com]

Re: Christmas came early
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 11, 2011 11:45PM

Henry,

First, congratulations. Looks like a mega-blender to be sure. Question.

I see that it is 15.5 amps. Are the circuits in your kitchen rated for that or do you need to put in a dedicated circuit?

Paul

Date: December 12, 2011 12:52AM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see that it is 15.5 amps. Are the circuits in
> your kitchen rated for that or do you need to put
> in a dedicated circuit?

My Kitchen should handle the 15-amp Blender, since I have 15-amp circuits. It's when you get up to 20-amps that a special receptacle is required. I haven't looked into it very much because I never plan to buy a 20-amp Blender. Who needs that much power anyway? Apparently a lot of people do, because Blendtec has two 20-amp Blenders that are rated for Residential use. They both have 10-year warranties. My 15-amp blender will only carry a 2-year warranty because it has a Commercial rating. I could be off on those numbers......WY

Date: December 12, 2011 04:59AM

I think you will enjoy the 96 ounce carafe. Mine never did anything I didn't want it too. I milled grains, ground flax, smoothies, soups, whatever. I still have it for big jobs. Enjoy! Do a review when you have had a chance to use it.

Paul

Date: December 15, 2011 11:32PM

pborst Wrote:
> I see that it is 15.5 amps. Are the circuits in
> your kitchen rated for that or do you need to put
> in a dedicated circuit?

Paul....I was mistaken about my response to this. I have 20-amp circuits, but my Refrigerator will be on the same circuit as my new Blendtec Chef Blender. Both surging at the same time may trip the Breaker. I'll just have to wait and see....it'll be close. I noticed today how much my refrigerator runs. I believe it was Coco who started a Topic about giving it up......WY

Date: December 16, 2011 09:33PM

Henry,

You may just want to call an electrician and get a dedicated circuit for the blender. Depends on what is easier. Way back when we had our decision on the Blendtec ICB-7, I recall there being a number of options. I would need an electrical permit where I am to do it. But it would be in and out. Permit app is about $90.

Paul

Date: December 17, 2011 05:50PM

pborst Wrote:
> You may just want to call an electrician and get a
> dedicated circuit for the blender.

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to use a circuit that shares with my Refrigerator. If that trips the Breaker, I'll go to Plan B....a circuit that shares with my Washing Machine.
Hope you're Well......WY

Date: December 21, 2011 05:53PM

Doing just fine Henry. Happy Holidays.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables