Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

There's always something
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 19, 2011 02:58AM

Sometimes I think I've been Snakebitten. I got my new Blendtec Chef (see picture), and the Lid leaks. There are a few more minor annoyances, but once I get the kinks out, I think I'm going to like it.
Btw Paul....I used the circuit with my Washing Machine, and it won't be running while I'm blending, so you could call it 'dedicated'......WY
P.S. The two Omega juicers in the picture are used for Celery juice, and Carrot juice.

[img.photobucket.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: There's always something
Date: December 19, 2011 09:12AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got my new Blendtec Chef (see picture), and the Lid leaks.

Well what do you expect? You had too much water in the Container. When you turned the blender on its highest speed, to test it, the pressure on the lid was just too much. If you remember,the same thing happened to your Vitamix. Just don't overfill the Containers......WY

Date: December 20, 2011 07:07AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> .....Just don't overfill the Containers......WY

Well, you made your first Smoothie last night in the Blendtec Chef blender. Did you notice its Power? There was quite a bit of pressure on the lid, with no leaks this time. I want you to learn how to blend with a nice Vortex, rather than having the ingredients splash against the top. You do it right with your Vita-Prep 3......WY

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 20, 2011 06:40PM

ummm... Henry, the pic on the first post doesn't show the lid, though it's a good view of the rest of it. As far as the talking to yourself theme, apologies. Not sure what point you are trying to make. I wouldn't give up laundry. I'd just get an electrician to put in a dedicated 20 amp circuit inputed into your kitchen.

Just curious, why not ICB 7? Why Chef's Choice? the extra carafe? The ICB7 is more powerful, costs only a bit more. Since you have already bought, enjoy it. Best.

Paul

Date: December 20, 2011 08:35PM

pborst Wrote:
> ....I wouldn't give up laundry.
I'm only giving up Laundry and Blending at the same time.

> Just curious, why not ICB 7?
The ICB7 Tom Dickson Extreme 20 Amp Blender was never a serious choice for me for several reasons....(1) Too much power, requiring a separate circuit with a special Receptacle...more trouble than I'm willing to go through at this time..(2) It has 25 pre-programmed blend cycles..overkill in my opinion..(3) It has Tom Dickson's name on the blender. That doesn't set well with me, and I couldn't have it in my Kitchen....see link.

> Why Chef's Choice?
It was just a feeling I got. I like the size (18 Amps)..just right for me. But what really sold me was the user-friendly TouchPad with only 3 programmable buttons...much more my Style.
Paul...Thanks for your input......WY

[www.jlhufford.com]

Date: December 21, 2011 02:05AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> It was just a feeling I got. I like the size (18 Amps)

I meant to say 15-Amps for my new Blendtec Chef Blender. I must have been thinking of its Wattage, which is 1800.
At $850 (from JL Hufford), it's a bit pricey, but I'm enjoying it more and more, and am really feeling good about this purchase......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables